Turbo Setup...where To Go From Here...

I don't even know where to start here. Kinda looking for some advice on where to go next. My truck is a dd and I'm getting to a spot I'm not sure what to do next in what order. So I got a sts turbo kit on a 370 forged motor with 9:4 cr. Runs pretty good now that I got a good tune into it. I am have a new air to water i/c in the garage waiting to go on. I am thinking about going to a bigger turbo for the effiency. I am looking to turn the boost up to around 9-10#. My BIGGEST problem is that I can only get 90 octane fuel up in Alaska. I can get av gas, but that just kills the cats. So Maybe throw some meth into the mix somewhere? I am also still running the stock head and cam. Just not sure where to start. I could just try getting a meth system on there so I can increase the timing some, but I haven't taken the time to talk to Zippy about all this yet. Well maybe you guys can give me some clue where to go.

I haven't been able to get to the track yet to see what it would run at this time. I am guessing somewhere in the mid to low 13's as it sits with the 22's. Tell me what you guys think. Thanks

you can buy high octane un leaded in fairbanks.... its just really expensive and comes in 5 gallon jugs... That is not ur best option tho. I would look into having ur address in palmer. From what somebody told me thats the only place that doesnt require a IM test. If you have a PO box down there and use that as ur addy for the registration youll be golden.

This way you could remove ur cats. If you want i can ask a few people up there what they are doing for higher octane gas.

Head and cam swap make a differnce as well.

My buddies are quick and they said METH.... your not going to get a higher grade fuel unless you wanna pay a ridiculous amount of money for it.

I think I am going to try out the meth. I will probably use the snow stage2 kit. I just found out that I pretty much have a unlimited supply from my buddy at a local refinery. Any other comments on diffrent brands?

I talked to danny about the cam. I think the ls6 is the one to go with for the bang for the buck. I am going to look into getting one with valve springs too. thanks for the help guys.

I think I am going to try out the meth. I will probably use the snow stage2 kit. I just found out that I pretty much have a unlimited supply from my buddy at a local refinery. Any other comments on diffrent brands?

I talked to danny about the cam. I think the ls6 is the one to go with for the bang for the buck. I am going to look into getting one with valve springs too. thanks for the help guys.

Yeah there is a TON of meth in north pole and i bet if you find the right dealer they will sell it to you by the gallon just not sure its the type of meth you want :jester:

Edited by packjh (see edit history)