Top Speed With 4:10's And Tune...

ssspringer

Maybe Charley can best answer this or someone who has a simular app. It's an 03 SSS AWD 4:10'S C.A.I. and a flo pro muff with stock exhust....any ideas on top end?? If i were younger and had less sense,maybe i would find out for myself!! :D

you'll bury the needle at about 5,500ish...

You'll get to 120 alot faster in 3rd, but you'll be red lined when you get there

about 125-130 tops assuming ( your guess is as good as mine once it hits 120 :uhoh: )

:cheers:

Mine has been to 120 on the street and 130 on the Dyno........I know of a member who had his to 150 on the dyno. :eek:

I thought on a dyno you werent suppose to hit more than 110. Oh and top speed and trucks dont mix :P . Anything with the same aerodynamics as a brick isnt going to see too high of speeds lol.

I thought on a dyno you werent suppose to hit more than 110.

By not going any higher then 110, you will not get high enough into the power band in 3rd gear. 3rd gear is almost a 1:1 if you think about it, so you will get the most power and most accurate numbers from a 3rd gear pull.

• 2 weeks later...
my '03 would top at 117/118

supercharged, whack ass tune, CAI, LT's, Cam, heads, exhaust, 22's

mods should have very little to do with top speed short of tunning for redline rpms. I think top speed is set by tire size, gears, and redline as long as you can overcome aerodynamics. A truck with a bunch of work should hit the same top speed as a stock truck as long as the tires, gear, and redline is the same...one will just get to top speed faster.....i think. and just to be sure i'm caling top speed the speed you hit when you are in 4th gear and the tach hits your redline rpm.

some one correct me if am i wrong, because a car can not gain anymore speed once the motor redline is hit correct?

is 117 what you hit or what your truck just stopped at because it could not go anyfaster? That seems very low for a "top speed".

Mine tops out at 120..gets fairly quick there to with 3.73s

WHat limits your truck to 120? Do you still have your foot in it and it just will not climb any higher? With the large tires and 3.73 gears you should have a top speed much faster then any of the 4.10 geared trucks, but the 4.10 geared trucks should get to there top speed faster.

Edited by shadowsniper3006 (see edit history)