Wheel Fitment

RacerJJ

What would happen if I were to put 16x8's on the front and 16x10's on the rear? Would that screw with the AWD? Just a thought since this is a drag truck only. The skinnier the better up front.

if your still awd then the front tires are the only thing giving you traction. I would not reduce the front bite at all with skinny tires, if you wanted to increase the rear there is no downside. Have you thought about stopping the weight transfer to the rear, by airbagging the back or tieing the front end down it will keep more weight on the front tires and be better for traction. It will also help your et, even so little, but the truck will spend no time going up in the air and all its time going stright down the track. Also have you looked into centerline rims. Thats what i use year round now and for racing because a 20" rim only weighs 22-24 pounds.

if your still awd then the front tires are the only thing giving you traction. I would not reduce the front bite at all with skinny tires, if you wanted to increase the rear there is no downside. Have you thought about stopping the weight transfer to the rear, by airbagging the back or tieing the front end down it will keep more weight on the front tires and be better for traction. It will also help your et, even so little, but the truck will spend no time going up in the air and all its time going stright down the track. Also have you looked into centerline rims. Thats what i use year round now and for racing because a 20" rim only weighs 22-24 pounds.

Yes, I have looked into Centerline but I don't want to spend that much money and I don't want to buy 20 inch tires all the time. As far as tying down the front, how do I go about doing that?