Volant Cold Air Problems

MyBowtie

:confused: ...

1. Did you clean your MAF?

2. FORGET to hook up your MAF?(funny, but people forget it all the time) Or damage the harness or wiring to it?

3. What do you mean by it not running right?

:withstupid::withstupid:

Usually it's the MAF sensor ... I have a volant CAI, and have had no problems ... Just a pesky check engine light every now and then, regarding the MAF.

:confused: ...

1. Did you clean your MAF?

2. FORGET to hook up your MAF?(funny, but people forget it all the time) Or damage the harness or wiring to it?

3. What do you mean by it not running right?

How do you cleant the MAF? Its acts likes its missing.

take it out, and spray the hell out of the inside with brake/parts cleaner, that's how I do it anyways. My guess is the MAF is ur problem, whether it's just dirty or you need a new one, especially if it acts like it's missing

electrical parts cleaner, or actual MAF cleaner is better. You'll see 3 small horizontal pins inside your maf. Those need to be clean :thumbs:

also if you put to much oil on you filter it will cause this

:withstupid: Jason said it. check that out. cause it will suck the oil out of it and get stuck on the maf

did you disconnect battery ?? the maf may be thinking off factory airbox, by disconnecting battery during install it resets when started to adjust to more air flow.. the engine maybe trying to retard to compensate.. ??

Edited by SSPOSSE (see edit history)

did you disconnect battery ?? the maf may be thinking off factory airbox, by disconnecting battery during install it resets when started to adjust to more air flow.. the engine maybe trying to retard to compensate.. ??

How long should I leave it disconnected?