Awd Burnout?

This may be a dumb question but does anyone know after my installation of my radix will I be able to do a AWD burnout from the stop including my current mods in my sig. And how long will I be able to keep them spining? I can chirp them sometimes a very little now. Thanks for answering this. I want to burn my AWD cause I think there is nothing more sexy and intimdating to them furds and dodges than an SSS rolling smoke. :cheers:

its possible with ur mods depending on tires and stuff but y? transfer case wont like it and it could cause it to pop and hurt ur tranny. even with a BUILT tranny its not good. i broke all 4 loose up a hill with my turbo setup and 1 month later tranny was gone!!. now i have a built one and no FI.

yea its possible but y not be safe and just show them fords how to launch and not beat on ur tranny and transfer case?

Yes with what you have listed in your sig the truck will break all four loose, especially if you upgrade to a 2.9" pulley. For the smokeshow keep the factory Goodyears on the truck, they have no traction at all.

Mr. P. :)

Yes with what you have listed in your sig the truck will break all four loose, especially if you upgrade to a 2.9" pulley. For the smokeshow keep the factory Goodyears on the truck, they have no traction at all.

Mr. P. :)

yes steve. still dont like burning all 4 with transfer case...

I have a 3"pulley I have ordered for it. I dont' want to go much smaller than 3" cause I milled my heads real far and the compression is pretty high the way it is. I am on the verge of running race fuel only. My father has been building engines for over 30 years and he did his reasearch. This LQ9 of mine is very hyper naturally aspirated and just wants to move without even touching the gas pedal. With the cam I chosen and the head work it has this hyper low lope that almost sounds like an old p-51 mustange airplane running. When its complete in a week or two with my maggie I will try to get some sound clips and see if you guys like. IF any of you are interested I guess I can let you in on our secrets and help some of you out if you want and do some cuts and cam options with springs to bring some of you (my brothers and sisters) to my shop. My father is reasonable and he can cut your heads and clean them up for half the price of new heads. We also have a couple big blocks IE 454 blocks we can hook a brother up with if they have an extra buck or two. WE already have My fathers 70' 454 chevelle running about 750 Hp's and my Mothers 72' olds 442 with a 455 rockit about 550-600 hp's and my Brothers 94' Chevy single cab pickup with a big block 454 pushing about 600-650 hp with incredible torque. I myself would love to have a rat fink motor but i don't want to loose my bells and whistles. LOL let me know people if your interested in some work done and I will send the word. you won't be disappointed. We are a hot rod family. I am the only one that chose a different career path than the rest but thats what family's for.

I don't plan on spinnin all four everywhere I go I just want to know if it is capable so i dont wreck things. But I still might try it from time to time for the fact that most people now who are into sport trucks besides us SSS owners don't respect us as much as they should. We may not have the fastest stock sports truck from the factory but GM did make this engine more than capable and designed to be built. SS 364 6.0 High Output basically a bored out and snapped up 350. and there are some nasty fast 350's out there. The 364 leaves alot on the the table to play with

Edited by 2003_SuperSport (see edit history)

hey 2003 Supersport...where in Minnesota are ya from? Im from Sioux Falls, SD. Might have to get a Get together going sometime this summer.

I am located in Grand Rapids Minnesota approximatly upper center near lake Winnibigosh. I am basically one of very very very few SSS around here. I can go weeks without seeing one and when I do their is not much done to them. One locally even has some glue on scoops :( tisk tisk. I am always looking foward to see someone that loves there truck as much as I do and knows how to take care of it. Up here the SSS is something rare and a real treat to see.

Thanks for the advice and the responses.

Well you will see me running around there the month of July. I cannot spin them with a Radix 2.8 pulley upgraded fuel system and cat. I don't have a cam or anything though.

You are one lucky man to live up there. My family has been spending summers up there for the last 50-60 years. We knew the Joyces and my grand parents partied on the estate. They used to stay in the Matins cabin on Trout Lake before it was part of the resort. Now we stay at friends and the resort.