Turbo Ss On Ebay

Quinnster

:eek: , omg, i wish mine was like that, any clue why he would trade it in, i mean did he get like a z06 or something?

maybe he wanted to start a new project and didn't want to go through the demodding process and he probably wouldn't get any where near what he wanted for it being close to a 100k invested into the truck..i'm sure he could afford something something that's a bit pricier like a z06

It has been on and off of ebay for the last 3-4 months, I wonder why it hasn't sold

I want to know what he has going on with the exhaust and the turbo setup. There is two totally diffrent exhaust exits on that truck. Maybe he is running the turbo on cutouts or something and then he is running a normal exhaust with a muffler system for normal driving. Looks diffrent for sure.

I want to know what he has going on with the exhaust and the turbo setup. There is two totally diffrent exhaust exits on that truck. Maybe he is running the turbo on cutouts or something and then he is running a normal exhaust with a muffler system for normal driving. Looks diffrent for sure.

Yea, I've never built a turbo before, but the exhaust piping is very busy, and does the inter cooler really need to be that BIG? can some one explain this to us? :confused: thanks

Yea, I've never built a turbo before, but the exhaust piping is very busy, and does the inter cooler really need to be that BIG? can some one explain this to us? :confused: thanks

The two small exhaust's are just the waste gates... they bypass exhaust around the turbo once the turbo is at full boost. this keep the turbo from over boosting the motor other wise it will boost indefinatly and turn into a heatpump. the big one is the turbo exhaust discharge

The two small exhaust's are just the waste gates... they bypass exhaust around the turbo once the turbo is at full boost. this keep the turbo from over boosting the motor other wise it will boost indefinatly and turn into a heatpump. the big one is the turbo exhaust discharge

Wow, that is quite a timely setup for the wastegates. That setup has had a lot of time and Money put into it. I see know what it is, just didn't really think about it. I wonder what kind of boost you are running to need two w/g's?

The most likely reason as to why it has two wastegates is because he was getting boost creep at full throttle. In other words, at full throttle, he would hit full boost and then slowly start to build more boost even though the wastegate was open. and if not taken care off, can very easly hit the limits of the motor/tranny/or fuel system. so he resolved the problem with two wastegates. It could also be a bandaid to an improperly chosen turbo setup