Shift Times - Important!

I searched and read a lot on this subject and before I change anything, I want to confirm this...

Zero-ing out the shift times table will disable the adaptive learn feature in the PCM and make for a really hard WOT shift. I have a 3200 stall TC, shift kit, servos, aluminum acctuator piston, stock line pressure and shift RPM at 5800, 5600.

I curently have the shift timing turned down but I am thinking of zero-ing it out to disable the learning capability. As a bracket racing truck only, I don't want my truck learning anything. I want it to run the same at all times (weather changes excluded, of course). Will this give me what I am looking for?

Wicked-hard shifts for one. Do you have a shift kit, servos, and a converter? If not, most recommend NOT ding this for a DD. Do a search of shift times or shift timing and there is a wealth of information available and many arguments for and against doing this. That's what I did all day today so check it out and good luck! :cheers:

Thanks for the info. My truck still has a stock 4L60E. I want to get the zippy shift kit but between turboing my accord and working on the truck and trying to by a house I am trying to hustle my ass off, lol. I am either getting my the zippy shift kit or getting and FLT level 3-4 tranny.

There is a member here selling a fully built tranny with everything you would need and the price is great. Check the For Sale section. I wouldn't call my trans built per se and I have had great luck with what I have done...knock on wood!