Trans. ?

Hey there, sorry if this question is redundant.

I bought my 06 with 56K highway miles on it. It was bone stock when purchased. Tranny shifts great now but I have been reading about how many members have had tranny problems.

Mods: Wheatley's "mild" tune, CAI and Magnaflow exhaust only.

I flushed my tranny oil 100%, gasket, filter and parts washed pan at 60K.

So I am wondering with SS's history and current mods what you all expect I can get out of it? I drive 40 miles daily not in traffic and don't abuse her at all, just drive conservative.

Any opinions or input would be appreciated. If I do rebuild it eventually, definitely will install shift kit, stall and servos.

Thanks everyone!

I think you will be fine, it is really the luck of the draw when it comes down to these transmissions. Some have gone well over 100k before needing a rebuild, and some don't even make 30k. Unless yours is acting strange or shifting rough, I wouldn't worry about it. :chevy:

mine went out after 3 months of turbo at 108k. previous dealership had a maggie on it so no telling how many miles were on it. like dan said, luck of the draw. i made it to 108 with stock tranny. now i have a BRAND NEW FULLY BUILT danny tranny!!

I am starting to believe the trannys hold up well if you dont abuse them...things like awd burnouts gotta kill them...

Some guys go 60-75k with maggies and towing boats and they last.... other trucks cook them in 10k with little or no mods...would be interesting to see what actually happend to shorten the life of our transmissions...and what made the others last...

I guess Ive been lucky. I'm at 102k now and the tranny is fine, actually im going to run at Ennis Friday. Ive got about 100 track passes and all thats done to it is Shift Kit and Stall. The cam and all else has been in for about 40k.

I guess Ive been lucky. I'm at 102k now and the tranny is fine, actually im going to run at Ennis Friday. Ive got about 100 track passes and all thats done to it is Shift Kit and Stall. The cam and all else has been in for about 40k.

I too have over 100K on mine, have pulled a boat for 3 years and have not ran into any issues.

Mine is at 46000 right now and no issues so far (knock on wood). I havent had it long but its going strongand its getting a maggie next weekend :D. My last truck was a 4.8 1500 and although it wasnt a 6.0 I abused it and it was lifted with 33 tires and no trans. cooler, it went 138000. Acually it was still going the only problem it had was when the trans. oil got hot it would slip in 4th, oil cool no problems.

I've got 86K miles on mine and probably 30K of those are boosted miles with the radix. I've got a zippy shift kit/servos and a TBTC and it's still going strong(knock on wood). Oh year I've got a dozen or so track runs and I do like to have fun with all the HP my truck has. I wouldn't say I abuse it though. Also my ss isn't a DD. I've drover her 2 days this week so far. IMO tuning has something to do with the life of your trans.

• 8 months later...