Z06 Brake Upgrade Brackets

dkkustoms

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good news and bad news. I've got 60 of them sitting on my desk. Found the hardware I was desperately trying to find, thanks again Ray. We fixed to way oil problem from last week. Now for the bad. Unfortunately we had another slight hiccup with our CNC. Apparently the belleville springs that hold the tool holder, which holds the tooling were snapped. It dropped down and whipped out a 4" surface cutter, moved one of the machining vises over 6" and damaged the taper on the head. We spent most of Thursday and Friday fixing the machine and its looking pretty good. So should be up and running on Tuesday. Sorry for the delays guys. I know you guys are chomping at the bit to get these things and trust me, there is nobody that wants these things done more than me. I've only worked 3 days in the last month and my wife is really really not happy that I keep spending more and more money on these things. Its costing me about double what I thought it was to make these things and I was being pretty generous at my budget. But in the end I know he final product will be worth it. So be patient they are coming.

Should be done with the first run by the end of this week or beginning of next. I'd like to have 100 for a total of 50 sets. Like I said no work for most of this month and not much last gives me lots of time. Thats also why I'm so much money into these. Its not just the raw aluminum but all the 10.9 grade hardware for 50 sets, plus more for anodizing too. My wife is not happy right now. You should have seen her face when I told her I was spending two grand on rotors and calipers. :M16::rant::nono::devil::mad::omg:

Edited by dkkustoms (see edit history)