Additives

funceca88

my truck has about 42000 miles right now, iwas thinking i should take some extra steps and start ading aditives, you now, like stp, z max..........

do you guys think its even worth it for me to start using them, i use Q horsepower syntec everytime i change my oil (the best btw :D ), but i feel like maybe stuff like z max would do something good for my engine, you now, extra insurance :rolleyes:

what do you guys think?

I personally use Prolong engine treatment and have for a couple years. people may say that additives are a waste of money but I believe otherwise. I use mobil1 every oil change so why not spend a little more and get some improved protection? Heres a interesting video of a engine using prolong without oil and adding a few extra things.

Edited by NashSS (see edit history)

I personally use Prolong engine treatment and have for a couple years. people may say that additives are a waste of money but I believe otherwise. I use mobil1 every oil change so why not spend a little more and get some improved protection? Heres a interesting video of a engine using prolong without oil and adding a few extra things.

omg :puke::sick: , thanks for the vid, i dont think my engine is gonna go trough that lol, but thanks

add it next time you fill up but instead of filling up maybe just a 1/4 tank and use that then fill it so you get a higher concentration of seafoam in the engine or I guess you could use it when your already running low.