South Dakota / Wyoming ?

I don't know how many other members are from up and around my area ( I know of a couple I guess ).. but its getting frustrating watching all these meets... especially when all are 10+ hours away...

Is there enough people up in this area to get a G2G done ? I was thinking somewhere in or around these areas..

Denver, CO

Rapid City, SD

Sioux Falls, SD

all of these locations have tracks.. and plenty of places to go, do and see...

Post up if your close.. or have any other suggestions !!

:cheers:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know how many other members are from up and around my area ( I know of a couple I guess ).. but its getting frustrating watching all these meets... especially when all are 10+ hours away...

Is there enough people up in this area to get a G2G done ? I was thinking somewhere in or around these areas..

Denver, CO

Rapid City, SD

Sioux Falls, SD

all of these locations have tracks.. and plenty of places to go, do and see...

Post up if your close.. or have any other suggestions !!

:cheers:

set up one halfway between me and you and ill go

Edited by kcsilveradoss (see edit history)

I'd come your way, as i think i told you i have family out there...so i'm always looking for an excuse to go there. Driving around the Black Hills on a Poker Run would be damn cool ! Early summer or late summer probably best don't you think? I have a cousin in cental SD i think i could talk into going with his SS. Maybe talk some of these KC guys into stopping here and going out to Rapid with me. Only problem is it would be a pretty short stay out there if it was sat/sun, but i'd personally take a day or two off. If you can pull it off, i'm in if the dates work.

set up one halfway between me and you and ill go

Half way between amounts to a dusty, wide-open field, maybe a super 8, a taco bell and not alot of scenery. But we could always turn it into another HOW-TO fix things / SHOW & SHINE on Gasemall's truck :idiot:

Half way between amounts to a dusty, wide-open field, maybe a super 8, a taco bell and not alot of scenery. But we could always turn it into another HOW-TO fix things / SHOW & SHINE on Gasemall's truck :idiot:

:lol:

yah if it was here in Rapid City.. Your talking the pig tails, needles highway, mt rushmore, crazyhorse, sylvan lake, keystone, hill city, rockerville... all of this can be hit in oneday.. and end up at the sturgis drag way

If you really wanted to go crazy you could hit up spearfish canyon, and roughlock falls, which is gorgeous.. its literally endless on options.

This is exactly why the national corvette club, and mustang club stops through here for a week every year.

We'd have to be carefull though.. because in august is the sturgis ralley.. its not fun trying to navigate through the hills with 200+ thousand bikes swarming..

Theres dozens of places to eat and sleep.. and I've got extra bedrooms ( if im done remodeling by then ) and a garage full of tools if someone wants to wrench a little bit.

I'm in summerset ( brandnew town.. doesn't show up on most maps) which is just north of Rapid City

• 2 weeks later...

i like the rapid city meet idea. It is a ways for some people, but there would be tons of photo opportunities. The July 25th weekend is pretty open and would be a very nice time to run out there I think.

We need to get this going, cuz I'm with DJ...all these meets that are too far away.

My GF is in Sturgis (her family is there) I will be driving through Rapid City/Sturgis Memorial Day weekend if anyone wants dinner :dunno:

Mr. P. :)

doh ! I wasn't paying attention to this post. You should of called :P

I think the end of July would work awesome for this. Then, we are before the rally and shouldnt have too much trouble...i hope anyways. We should definatley get this going.

Kenny

I'm for sure down ! Truck should be 100% by then ( If I still have it :uhoh: )

Like you said TONS of photo opps around here.. and plenty to do..

DJ, what do we have to do to set up a poker run/cruise in the hills for the last weekend in July? I think it would be something fun to start, kind of like how they have the corvette rally and the mustangs and im sure there are others that do it too. of course probably not as big of an event as they have of course.

should we start a new topic or something? maybe get some of the kansas and iowa guys out there for the meet as well?

DJ, what do we have to do to set up a poker run/cruise in the hills for the last weekend in July? I think it would be something fun to start, kind of like how they have the corvette rally and the mustangs and im sure there are others that do it too. of course probably not as big of an event as they have of course.

should we start a new topic or something? maybe get some of the kansas and iowa guys out there for the meet as well?

start it up !

If it is the very end of summer count me in. i just took off a bunch of days for the hooneymoon and i cant get any time off for a bit :cheers:

I'd even help with your fuel expense :)

im good for the weekend of July 25th or August 29th and after for a meet. I have my wedding on august 14th and the honeymoon the week after that. so those weekends are shot.

any weekend.. just let me know ! I'm a business owner... so I just need to let my assistant manager know. I'd like to give him atleast a week if possible

so lets start voting on july 25th, or august 29th I guess ? :dunno:

You guys ok with F-bodys and old hot rods ? I've got a few buddys that would like to join in