South Dakota / Wyoming ?

I'll be out there tomorrow for 5 days to do some four-wheeling, but as of now wont have the SSS. A late August meet would be better I say just because then we would for sure be clear of all the bikes and it would be a little cooler outside. Either way, I'd try to make it work! :cheers:

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been doing a little research (bored at work, looking through lines of code) and I just wrote down a couple of places. what do you guys think.

Rapid City to Keystone

Keystone to Sylvan Lake

Sylvan Lake to Custer

Custer to Hill City

Hill City to Deadwood

Deadwood to Spearfish

Spearfish to Sturgis Dragway

Then perhaps back to Deadwood for a fun night....

These are just some places that I thought of. They can be arranged in any way or have things added or taken away. I have been to most places, but not totally sure of the correct routes to take and whatnot. On google maps it was about 200 miles and around 4 hours.

See what you guys think and lets get this started. End of August early September?

Lets go for the end of august.. like previously said.. should be clear of the bikes then.

Keystone would be cool.. old hill city road is amazing.

plus we could catch the needles hwy up there.

on the otherhand.. I could try arrange something with sturgis dragway.. its only a 1/8 but would still be fun

spearfish canyon / deadwood would be amazing for any out of staters, or anyone that hasn't see it I guess.

Deadwood in general is fun ( bring a lot of cash :jester: )

There's also.. pig tails ( by custer kinda )

I dunno lots of options :eek:

Edited by JaymzSS (see edit history)

is there any tuners around that would maybe come up to the dragstrip in Sturgis?

It would be fun to end up at the drag, but it would be alot of fun to stay in deadwood too...good times....good times. Ive givin alot of my money to the Saloon #10

kcsilveradoss

i would be leaving friday sometime as well to get out there from Sioux Falls. If we could get a couple more coming from Kansas/Iowa we could meet in Sioux Falls and head west in a big group.

kcsilveradoss

i would be leaving friday sometime as well to get out there from Sioux Falls. If we could get a couple more coming from Kansas/Iowa we could meet in Sioux Falls and head west in a big group.

works for me., i think gasemall was interested

is there any tuners around that would maybe come up to the dragstrip in Sturgis?

It would be fun to end up at the drag, but it would be alot of fun to stay in deadwood too...good times....good times. Ive givin alot of my money to the Saloon #10

I know someone that tunes locally with HP tuners.. I can ask him if he'd be willing to set up a group deal.

Theres also a local shop that does 3 dyno pulls for $85. Its a diesel shop, but they are knowledgeable with gas/HP tuners as well.

i am off the weekend of august 29th and could leave that friday night.......

you are crazy my friend... looooooong drive. But should be worth it, its gorgeous here !

Douglas motor speedway in Douglas, Wy. http://www.douglasmotorsportspark.com/schedule.html

I would also be up for meeting in the hills, we usually get over there a few times a year. The wife loves Deadwood!

what woman doesn't :lol:

you are crazy my friend... looooooong drive. But should be worth it, its gorgeous here !

talked to one of the gals here and she may be willing to trade days so we may be able to leave that thursday afternoon. you may have to rent me a room though, gas should be 12-13k there and back-lol

talked to one of the gals here and she may be willing to trade days so we may be able to leave that thursday afternoon. you may have to rent me a room though, gas should be 12-13k there and back-lol

your retarded. You know you can stay at my house for frizzeee..

Indoor plumbing, AND electricity :thumbs:

your a little high on gas.. I would say 11k :laugh:

your retarded. You know you can stay at my house for frizzeee..

Indoor plumbing, AND electricity :thumbs:

your a little high on gas.. I would say 11k :laugh:

I will have the wife with me, and she snores. hopefully the rooms are in the back of the house..... :jester:

I will have the wife with me, and she snores. hopefully the rooms are in the back of the house..... :jester:

oh god lol.

there actually side by side.. maybe I'll go ahead and finish up the basement quick :lol:

UPDATE:

just out of curiosity.. I called and asked out a group deal on a dyno machine.

Not sure if you guys wanted to try toss this in or not.

anyway, the deal we've kind of got worked out right now is this..

$100 for the first hour ( unlimited runs, unlimited vehicles ) we figure its about $33.33 a vehicle- 3 an hour, 2-3 runs each

$80 an hour after that.. CHEAP :thumbsup:

This includes them buckling, monitoring, print offs the whole 9 yards.

Its a mustang 2w dyno.. I've used it before, works great.

There usually only open mon through friday.. but he said he might be willing to open the doors just for us on sat or sun

:dunno:

UPDATE:

just out of curiosity.. I called and asked out a group deal on a dyno machine.

Not sure if you guys wanted to try toss this in or not.

anyway, the deal we've kind of got worked out right now is this..

$100 for the first hour ( unlimited runs, unlimited vehicles ) we figure its about $33.33 a vehicle- 3 an hour, 2-3 runs each

$80 an hour after that.. CHEAP :thumbsup:

This includes them buckling, monitoring, print offs the whole 9 yards.

Its a mustang 2w dyno.. I've used it before, works great.

There usually only open mon through friday.. but he said he might be willing to open the doors just for us on sat or sun

:dunno:

im in as long as the dyno can handle 6000 horsepower, if not, i can undo a couple coil wires :dunno: