South Dakota / Wyoming ?

im in as long as the dyno can handle 6000 horsepower, if not, i can undo a couple coil wires :dunno:

ya, we don't have any titanium Log chains around here to hold your truck on the ground. Maybe just run her on the front 4 cyl ?

and maybe on some aged 84 octane.. Leave the nitro methane at home

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it would be interesting to see what the truck is pulling for horsepower, and thats a pretty decent price id say. you could count me in if it works out.

has anybody talked to any of the iowa or minnesota guys to see if they would come out west?

Is there a 1/4 track anywhere down there guys? I still have to get down there and see Mt.Rushmore. It'd be sweet to make a track day outta the trip too...

Theres the legendary Sturgis dragway here.. its only 1/8th mile though.

I've been trying to think of a route starting at rapid city, past mt. rushmore, through the hills then back down to deadwood/sturgis..

might take me a few days.

Big 0 from gillette WY would prolly come.. haven't seen him on in along time though. I don't really know any minn. owners :dunno:

We're going to plan a trip down there sometime, I don't know when. It might be soon cause in our job, we get 4 days off a lot. Me and my buddy are trying to get on teh same shifts so we can start doing crap out here. I'm tryin to avoid to many road trips cause I got a big one comin up down to AZ at some point...

I think just about any drive around the hills will be a good time for sure.

Where is everyone planning on staying? The wife and I are going to look into a hotel wherever the festivities end, or just in Deadwood so i can win enough money to throw a maggie on the truck as well as have a few drinks at the no. 10

I think just about any drive around the hills will be a good time for sure. Where is everyone planning on staying? The wife and I are going to look into a hotel wherever the festivities end, or just in Deadwood so i can win enough money to throw a maggie on the truck as well as have a few drinks at the no. 10

as long as im hanging out with the silverado bunch im down for whatever :cheers:

Jay-

As far as a route is concerned I would think the easiest would be to run outta rapid up to Mt. Rushmore (maybe flash a few pics up there with the faces during the day, although there is nothing like seeing it at night), head back down the hill and run south on Iron Mountain Road, take Needles Hwy north into Hill City, then just run 385 into Lead-Deadwood. Although I really think a run through Spearfish Canyon should be in the works there as I just went through it again today and still cannot get over it's beauty. If everyone wants to end up at the track in Sturgis, you could easily run through L-D/Spearfish Canyon, jump on I-90 and right back into Sturgis. Myself, I don't care either way if we end up at the track and would probably break from the group to head over to Trailshead Lodge to say hi to some good friends there. Anyways, just tryin to help out with some logistics.

ya, we don't have any titanium Log chains around here to hold your truck on the ground. Maybe just run her on the front 4 cyl ?

and maybe on some aged 84 octane.. Leave the nitro methane at home

I think i found a way to cure my "over-horsepower" problem....kind of expensive, but it works...i ran a tank of velveeta the last couple of days, seems to really slow the injector pulse down....nobody seems to want to tailgate me either..

on a serious note...is there a concrete date yet? im trying to work something out here at work...

I think its August 28th, 29th, and 30th. I may be mistaken though...

where is everyone thinking about staying for the weekend? the wife and I will be getting a room as we will be newly married by then. :cheers::thumbs:

i was thinking about staying right in deadwood for some fun at night.

I think its August 28th, 29th, and 30th. I may be mistaken though...

where is everyone thinking about staying for the weekend? the wife and I will be getting a room as we will be newly married by then. :cheers::thumbs:

i was thinking about staying right in deadwood for some fun at night.

1. thats the weekend i was hoping for.

2.i may take dj up on his offer.

3.congrats on the marriage, just did it myself, its worth it

POST #500

Edited by kcsilveradoss (see edit history)

If we can get a date set, that would probably be best. Me and my buddy could put in for leave for a few days and most likely get it. Just as long as we hit Mt. Rushmore!!!!

Newlyweds!!! I shotgun the room on the other side of the hotel!!! lol

See what the other guys say, but the last weekend in august sounds pretty good for me to make it set in stone.

i was going to start looking at hotels kinda soon anyways.

Me and my fiance are getting married August 14th and then headed straight to Cabo, so by the time we get to rapid the next weekend, things should be quieted down a little.............

........yeah right

Jay-

As far as a route is concerned I would think the easiest would be to run outta rapid up to Mt. Rushmore (maybe flash a few pics up there with the faces during the day, although there is nothing like seeing it at night), head back down the hill and run south on Iron Mountain Road, take Needles Hwy north into Hill City, then just run 385 into Lead-Deadwood. Although I really think a run through Spearfish Canyon should be in the works there as I just went through it again today and still cannot get over it's beauty. If everyone wants to end up at the track in Sturgis, you could easily run through L-D/Spearfish Canyon, jump on I-90 and right back into Sturgis. Myself, I don't care either way if we end up at the track and would probably break from the group to head over to Trailshead Lodge to say hi to some good friends there. Anyways, just tryin to help out with some logistics.

Very good idea. This route would cover 2 things I want ppl from out of state to see.. Mt. Rushmore and the Needles Hwy.

I think august 28th and 29th would be perfect. 30th if anyone wants to hang around that long :cheers:

As far as the track, I don't really care much either. Most ppl are more interested in the 1/4 than a 1/8th anyway.

Theres a Ramada in 1 mile from my house... Or over 30 motels in Rapid City. A friend owns the Ramada, let me see If I can work a group deal out.

As far as you guys wanting to stay in Deadwood.. I would get your reservations in now. End of August I'm assuming theres still goin to be a few Ralley left overs and the room prices are going to be retarded. ( at the peak of the ralley were talking 200 a night )

Should we start a new topic with dates, or keep this one rolling :dunno:

Very good idea. This route would cover 2 things I want ppl from out of state to see.. Mt. Rushmore and the Needles Hwy.

I think august 28th and 29th would be perfect. 30th if anyone wants to hang around that long :cheers:

As far as the track, I don't really care much either. Most ppl are more interested in the 1/4 than a 1/8th anyway.

Theres a Ramada in 1 mile from my house... Or over 30 motels in Rapid City. A friend owns the Ramada, let me see If I can work a group deal out.

As far as you guys wanting to stay in Deadwood.. I would get your reservations in now. End of August I'm assuming theres still goin to be a few Ralley left overs and the room prices are going to be retarded. ( at the peak of the ralley were talking 200 a night )

Should we start a new topic with dates, or keep this one rolling :dunno:

either way, i am coming..add me to the list for these dates please