How Far Do You Go?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will not take ANY short cuts when washing my truck. High quality towels, mitts, 2 bucket method w/grit guards, and top of the line polishes/waxes. I probably have $300+ invested in just MF towels.

i would say i have about the same invested in mf towels also :D

Long story short, I told a plow guy never to come back (when my mother called him up). Told him he didnt know how to plow and he was a cheap s.o.b. that prays on old single women for $$$ (I asked him politley to drag plow my driveway and he wanted $50 more, told him to leave and go plow elsewhere).

I now have someone that willingly does the drag plow for free; he has a passion for classic cars.

edit-Im with mr.p locked and bolted where its stored, workin on the 2nd car for a dd now

Edited by 03maSSS (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...

Mine gets about 400 miles a year. Wash it anytime it leaves the garage. It has 15k miles cause the first year I bought it, I drove it to TX and back then CA and back.

My black 2000 has less than 40k miles but my daily driven silverado has 206K miles

Mine gets about 400 miles a year. Wash it anytime it leaves the garage. It has 15k miles cause the first year I bought it, I drove it to TX and back then CA and back.

My black 2000 has less than 40k miles but my daily driven silverado has 206K miles

damn, thats alot lol

Upgrading my security is on my list. Never enough security, but no specs on that. I have not driven it since november, and wont for another month or so. Part of this is my choice, part is health related. Always be leary.

My girlfriend hates my truck, first cause we never ride in it, second cause if we do take my car it is never the vho and we take my daily driver which is not so nice, third cause I really spend more time and money on it than her. Wash it once or twice every 2 weeks, wax it every 2 months, I am always putting new shit on it. Have to park way away if we do drive it. I know its just a truck but I love it!! We actually did drive it tonight, and she got so pissed cause i parked it on the fire lane, cause there were no spot that had alot of space!

Edited by VhoGmc (see edit history)

Same here. I wash it every 3-5 days and detail the interior every time i wash it.

Wax every month....as a matter of fact i just got done detailing the interior today

cause we are going to have a meet here in RGV this sunday may 24th and tomorrow

i am going to wash and buff to mirror finish.......

but yeah i also park as far away as possible any where.

No parking under trees to avoid tree sap and bird s***t. :nono::pepsicheer:

damn, im feeling pretty crappy with my truck being my daily driver and all. Even though it gets washed every week with Z7 and hit with zaino Z8. Engine bay gets detailed by hand, as does the interior. Seats zainoed when needed. Waxed with zaino AIO and clear sealed every couple months. Its really the best I can do seeing as do this at the quater car was *no i dont use there brushes lol* since I dont have my own place to do all the time consuming stuff i would like to to. Example. I got off work at 930 the other night and went to the car wash after work *always keep my supplies with the truck* I was there till after 130am. Wash, Z8, interrior, condtion the seats, engine bay, wheels, tires all the goodies. Even with that I still felt guilty for not being able to do more :( Then again, I dont think I will ever be able to do enough lol.

Wash once a week (depending on weather), park far away from others, always garaged. I for the most part only drive the SS on my days off. I always get compliments on how nice and clean my truck is...people always asking how I keep the black looking so good. Secret for me is a good waxing twice a year, always use a good detail spray after washing, and most important use quality micro fiber towels.

I guess I am the average guy here. I just did my first real exterior detail on it (only had it since dec) wash, clay, paint touch up (scratchs from previous owner :mad: ) including wet sanding, porter cable - compound, menzerna, tropi-care swirl cutter, tropi-care sealant, and wax. I try to keep it as clean as possible, but it is my dd. I also to my best to stay as far away from idiot people in parking lots. Routine maintenance. I plan on fully detailing it again next week. I got 95% of the scratches out and have it looking good, but I want it better. I plan on buy some more supplies soon, and testing some of the adams line. I am also going to get the bumpers repainted and if I get another vehicle, repaint the whole truck this winter.

Rob

Mine parks outside 24/7. I wash it usually once a week or if it is really dirty I wash it before leaving the driveway. I hate to admit this, but it has never had a complete hand wax job. Only wax has been the wax at the local touchless carwash. But...I received a Griot's Garage DA Buffer for Christmas and now have all the polishes for it so...when a nice cool overcast day comes around I'm gonna give them a try.