Sugar In The Gas Tank?

anaya83

ok so yesterday i fill up my tank before going home, this morning when i was driving to work the display told me that the gas cap was loose, i didn't pay to much attention to it because i tought i left it like that, i told a friend what happened and he told me that i better be careful cause people put sugar in the gas tank to fu... up the engine, this is the first time i hear something like this , how true is this?? and if it's true how can i tell if someone did that to my truck?? :confused: thanx in advance

ok so yesterday i fill up my tank before going home, this morning when i was driving to work the display told me that the gas cap was loose, i didn't pay to much attention to it because i tought i left it like that, i told a friend what happened and he told me that i better be careful cause people put sugar in the gas tank to fu... up the engine, this is the first time i hear something like this , how true is this?? and if it's true how can i tell if someone did that to my truck?? :confused: thanx in advance

I found this. Hope it helps

Sugar In Gas Tank

Get a locking gas cap! The first mod I get for every car. I don't care what snopes says sugar in the gas tank will **** up your car. I know first hand. The whole fuel sysytem has to be flushed out.

a locking gas cap was the first thing I bought for my SS.

I did that same thing. Got one at Pep Boys for 20 bucks.

I once got gas since I was almost empty on my way to work one morning and when I pulled out of the gas station I wasn't more then 500 feet down the road when my car died. I could not get it running so I ended up calling my mechanic to tow me away. He looked into things and found that water was mixed in with the gas, enough to keep it from running, so he drained the gas out and filled it up with fresh gas and I was all set. The car ran a little rough for a little while but then it smoothed out. Crazy :crazy:

I found out the next day that the mechanic next door to where I was working at that time had 3 cars come in the day before (the same day that I got the water) with the same problem as me. He said he called the gas station and talked with the manager but wasn't able to get anywhere. I paid cash and didn't get a receipt with my fill up, so I was out of luck anyways. Now I ALWAYS get a receipt.