Lets Talk N2o On A Boosted Motor

ok..I am spraying a 75 shot on top of my maggie..but with the nitrous i'm seeing a little over 8 lbs. of boost.....I am running strong but was curious since my boost was lower than most if maybe I could SAFELY get away woth a 100 shot?

Give me your opinions..lol

only one way to find out :D

but seriously as long as you have plenty of fuel and the right amount of timing you should be fine...what are your IDC's at right now with the 75 shot and 8psi?

Well, if I didn't sell my old 6.0L, I was going to spray a 100 shot on it with about 9 psi. Cylinder pressure is going to be critical here due to your stock head gaskets and head bolts. Too much spark advance, boost and a good shot of nitrous will be a quick way to squeeze a head gasket or lift a head. Honestly, I would do it. Install new plugs, pull a bit of timing and have a go at it. I wouldn't look for a HUGE increase in E.T. with just going 25rwhp more on the shot though. Keep us posted! :cheers:

Well I'll look at my log when i get home to check my IDC's...This for the moment is my DD..I dont want to do it and blow something up..I was just figuring since my boost was not real high as most maybe i have room to add some more.

no it was a joke.... I knew you were gonna want to do it. I just dont want to have to replace the engine if it pops.... its a lot of work (im lazy).

But you're so good at it :P