Turtle Wax Black Box

Just came back from the auto store and saw Turtle Wax Black Box. It is a 2 step clean made just for black paint and it comes with polish and wax.

Just wondering if anyone has used this product yet, I was contemplating Zaino or Zymol but I have the Turtle Wax Black Box on hold as it was the only one left on the shelf at the store. Any info is appreciated at all, I have never used turtle wax products before and dont know if its worth the money and time (and go with zymol instead). Thanks in advance.

Don't waste your money. Depending on how bad the paint is there are better options out there. First clay bar the truck. That will get all the contaminants off the paint. If you don't have a DA polisher then there are products out there that can be used by hand, but it just takes longer. A good cleaner, polish then wax will do the job. I like Meguiars products, but there are others out there.

dude, i bought it, i'd have been better ti take a 20 out of my wallet and piss on it! i tried it, and it turned everything black, and didn't work, I'd try meguiars stuff, we just did my truck begore the show, very impressed. It was a three part process, paint cleaner, compound, and nxt 2.0 wax. I'll get some pics up and the exact names, but def stay away from turtle wax!!

Thank you guys :cheers: , I am always skeptical with new waxes. Looks like its Meguiars :chevy:

edit-I was going to go with more high priced products, but Im going to wait till summer time and just try the Meguiars. Just saw their videos and looks great.

Edited by 03maSSS (see edit history)

Thank you guys :cheers: , I am always skeptical with new waxes. Looks like its Meguiars :chevy:

edit-I was going to go with more high priced products, but Im going to wait till summer time and just try the Meguiars. Just saw their videos and looks great.

eeeeeeeh :uhoh: , i dont know, turtle wax max some great stuff.

ice_wax_clay.jpg

i love it and woud not use anithyng else, but since my baby aint black then maybe it is best if you use what the other members recomend :rolleyes::chevy:

The only product that I will buy over-the-counter is the mothers clay bar. Most of the "stuff" that is found on the shelves of stores are junk.

On the other hand, Mequiars does make some superior machine polishes. But I will not use their wax.

Edited by SS Silv (see edit history)

The only product that I will buy over-the-counter is the mothers clay bar. Most of the "stuff" that is found on the shelves of stores are junk.

On the other hand, Mequiars does make some superior machine polishes. But I will not use their wax.

i wish we could line them all up and just compare witch one looks best :chevy:

Don't waste your money.

The "black box" is full of fillers and oils that only temporarily hide imperfections, not remove them. If you go to their site and read the descriptions its laughable, all they've done is jam a bunch of oily tinting into the product, charged you more for a black colored foam applicator and created a lame gimmic.

Turtle wax is pretty much garbage across the board, this stuff takes it to a whole new level of LOL-ness. All they do now a days is come up with gimmics that look good sitting on the store shelf (Ice being a prime example) that don't do anything to really correct, protect, or provide depth, gloss, or warmth when compared to only slightly more expensive quality products.

I can't wait to see the "RED FIRE" box set with red tinted wax, a red applicator, and a special red polish :lol:

Edited by Dylan06SS (see edit history)

Don't waste your money.

The "black box" is full of fillers and oils that only temporarily hide imperfections, not remove them. If you go to their site and read the descriptions its laughable, all they've done is jam a bunch of oily tinting into the product, charged you more for a black colored foam applicator and created a lame gimmic.

Turtle wax is pretty much garbage across the board, this stuff takes it to a whole new level of LOL-ness. All they do now a days is come up with gimmics that look good sitting on the store shelf (Ice being a prime example) that don't do anything to really correct, protect, or provide depth, gloss, or warmth when compared to only slightly more expensive quality products.

I can't wait to see the "RED FIRE" box set with red tinted wax, a red applicator, and a special red polish :lol:

:omg: , are you seriuos, a red wax just for my baby lol, be shure to let me know when, were, and how much, please :D:thumbsup:

:omg: , are you seriuos, a red wax just for my baby lol, be shure to let me know when, were, and how much, please :D:thumbsup:

Tell you what... send me your ice polish, I'll dump in some red food coloring and you can give me $20.