Pioneer P4100

I am VERY pleased with this unit. Not only does this unit have great features, but overall, my whole system sounds much better. The highs, mids, and bass sound cleaner. Other stereo specs: JL 12" W3 Stealth Box, JBL Crown 600/1, JBL Components, JL Audio 300/4.

The pics look like shit, but you get the idea.

P1010297.jpg

P1010295.jpg

P1010292.jpg

In order to bypass the DVD I had to install an on/off switch. I have to flip the switch from on/off/on in order for the DVD to activate while driving. (the switch on the right)

P1010296.jpg

P1010291.jpg

Edited by SS Silv (see edit history)

Looks awesome...I have the p4000 - wish I had waited for this one.

I know you already ran the switch but you can also install a 4 pin relay connected to the parking brake wire and you don't need to switch anything on/off at all for dvd playback.

I can send you the diagram if you want but I did it on mine and it works flawless...

I know you already ran the switch but you can also install a 4 pin relay connected to the parking brake wire and you don't need to switch anything on/off at all for dvd playback.

I can send you the diagram if you want but I did it on mine and it works flawless...

That would be AWESOME!! It' annoying have to switch it on/off all the time.

Let me know.

Thanks.

Ross can u send me that pm I am interested in how to do the 4 pin realy as i also have a p4000

You helped me fix my rear speaker problem with mine...of course I'll send it to you!!

:cheers:

Yup, had that done to some BMW's, dont know if its the same concept but they worked while in drive.

Edited by 03maSSS (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Im new to this site and was really stumped on this, I really didnt want to do the toggle thing. Was wondering if maybe you would be kind to share this wiring diagram with me also? I appreciate it but if not thanks though...

Hi Im new to this site and was really stumped on this, I really didnt want to do the toggle thing. Was wondering if maybe you would be kind to share this wiring diagram with me also? I appreciate it but if not thanks though...

PM sent

PM sent

That 4100 looks way cool, good job. I guess you decided to hold onto that truck a while..... Good move IMO. I've got the P4000 and I hid my switch in the top cubby of the center console. I consider it kind of a vallet switch, if anyone ever as to drive my truck I don't want them watchin a damn movie, haha. But, I would like to see that diagram as well. Maybe I can keep the switch on the power to the relay and then I could disable the DVD feature as I choose.

Edited by BigCountry (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...