The Not Onstar Speaker...

I thought this was an onstar speaker as well and it's been buzzing for 3 years... I had the service dept. disconnect it when I took it in for service... I guess now I may have the answer to my AC issues... Can anyone tell me if this would cause my AC to either blow ALL cold if set on 89 or below and only blow hot when it's on 90?

Thanks,

JDA

I thought this was an onstar speaker as well and it's been buzzing for 3 years... I had the service dept. disconnect it when I took it in for service... I guess now I may have the answer to my AC issues... Can anyone tell me if this would cause my AC to either blow ALL cold if set on 89 or below and only blow hot when it's on 90?

Thanks,

JDA

Your post is vague; but if you are describing a 1" perforated grille just above and left of the driver's head that is the in-cab temperature sensor, it has a tiny electric fan to breath in and measure the temp inside the truck so the climate controls can automatically regulate things. I am guessing but I can see how unplugging that sensor would cause the behavior you describe as the computer has no idea what the temp in the cab is.

Mr. P.

edit - the Onstar microphone is the small black bulge added to the driver's side of the center console; the Onstar module plays back through the front door speakers.

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

Your post is vague; but if you are describing a 1" perforated grille just above and left of the driver's head that is the in-cab temperature sensor, it has a tiny electric fan to breath in and measure the temp inside the truck so the climate controls can automatically regulate things. I am guessing but I can see how unplugging that sensor would cause the behavior you describe as the computer has no idea what the temp in the cab is.

Mr. P.

edit - the Onstar microphone is the small black bulge added to the driver's side of the center console; the Onstar module plays back through the front door speakers.

Yes that was what I was referring to and thanks for your response... Now I can take it and hopefully get it repaired.

Thanks,

JDA

its called an aspirator, pull the headliner down a bit, carefully unsnap it, clean the dust off of it.

reinstall, plug in, a/c problem and buzz fixed, take you about 15 minutes.

bingo thats what i did