Post Up The Blues

:withstupid: Don't do it! Everyone knows black is the fastest color! :jester: It is a pain to keep it looking good but when it cleans up it is a beautiful thing. :cry: It's just so beautiful! Lol

On a serious note, changing the color of a vehicle to a completely different color take a tonnnn of work and is going to cost you an arm and a leg to get it done. It's not just the outside color remember, you have to repaint the whole engine bay, all the door jams, fire wall, etc etc etc. I would think twice before starting such a project.

Rob

:withstupid:

:withstupid: Yep, Rob is correct. A good shop will charge you about $10 grand or better. Alot of people don't understand what it takes to get every nook and cranny on a paint job when changing colors. I'd like to change mine to black, but I know what it will take to do it.
:withstupid: The only time I would consider a color change is if I was doing a full frame off resto on something. That way you have every nut, bolt, clip, piece of trim removed, and sand/media blasted. It's kind of a clean slate at that point.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, i know that it is a ton of work, my buddy and I were going to do it this winter. I planned on pulling the motor anyway as I hope to have my stroked motor done by then. I really like blue, but then again, i like the black, i'm just tired of trying to keep it nice looking, it seems no matter what i do, it's got an oily look to it. I've tried new cloths, washing in dish soap and then waxing and using very little wax, etc. It's got some scratches in it, but maybe i'd be better off just re-shooting the black and wet sanding the shit out of it!! idk :confused:

Well, if your mind is made up and you really want a blue, look at some color charts from House of Kolor. You can get all kinds of different blue's, like candy blue's, pearl blue's, etc, something that will really make it glow! Not that arrival blue isn't cool. So if you really are going to do it, then do it with a bang and get a bad ass blue, and maybe some artwork like ghost flames or something. If you like artwork on your truck. :dunno:

i really don't know what to do! my wife and I talked about it, and she wants it to stay black, this morning looking at it, i couldn't imagine it any color but black, so i don't know, guess I'll think it over for a while, it's like my buddy said, "it's like a tattoo, i'd better be happy with it, cause it's permanent!! Thanks for the help guys and gals, i appreciate it.

if your tired of the black look istead of changing the color completly why not just do a two tone? Heres a vid i found of a silverado thats bagged but I really like the paint job.

Have you dried using a random orbital like a porter cable or flex with some good polishes?? Its pricey but alot cheaper then a new paint job. You would be surprised what some touch up paint, wet sanding and then going through the polishing steps will do for it.