Beyond Clay

I really can't see a substitute for a clay bar.

That product is more like a cleaner wax.

You are correct sir.

Its funny... theres dozens of products EXACTLY like this, that do EXACTLY the same thing, and have been around longer, but b/c the word CLAY is in the name it garners all kinds of attention. Turtle wax recently did the same thing with their "liquid claybar" Ice product.

Fact is its a cleaner wax... not at all a replacement for a claybar, if anything its something you'd only use AFTER claying.

As for the company, Surf City has a couple of OK products, but for the most part I've been underwhelmed by their stuff. No surprises here, but I much prefer Adams Revive Polish, and for those who were hooked on DER Real Stuff, Adams Revive is about as close to the red bottle as I've been able to find, its even the exact same color.

I really can't see a substitute for a clay bar.

That product is more like a cleaner wax.

I picked this up at Pep Boys and it is definitely *not* a cleaner wax. It doesn't even have any wax in it. I have used the Surf City Speed detailer and the tire dressing and really like those so I thought I would give this a shot.

You are supposed to use it with a low-speed buffer, and it does take the place of a clay bar because it removes oxidation and contaminants like a clay bar. The cool part is that it's also a polish so it also removes swirl marks and scratches which clay bars can't do. I tried it with my Porter Cable and it worked outstanding and I will definitely use it again. It was at least as good as the clay bar at removing the contaminants and the oxidation. It polished out all the swirl marks and the surface scratches. So it is definitely better than a clay bar, easier too.

Dylan06SS is definitely right about the Turtle Wax product not being anything special, but this Beyond Clay isn't like any of those. It is different and way better. Personally I am not an Adams guy and I am really liking the Surf City line but you know, to each his own.

I picked this up at Pep Boys and it is definitely *not* a cleaner wax. It doesn't even have any wax in it. I have used the Surf City Speed detailer and the tire dressing and really like those so I thought I would give this a shot.

You are supposed to use it with a low-speed buffer, and it does take the place of a clay bar because it removes oxidation and contaminants like a clay bar. The cool part is that it's also a polish so it also removes swirl marks and scratches which clay bars can't do. I tried it with my Porter Cable and it worked outstanding and I will definitely use it again. It was at least as good as the clay bar at removing the contaminants and the oxidation. It polished out all the swirl marks and the surface scratches. So it is definitely better than a clay bar, easier too.

Dylan06SS is definitely right about the Turtle Wax product not being anything special, but this Beyond Clay isn't like any of those. It is different and way better. Personally I am not an Adams guy and I am really liking the Surf City line but you know, to each his own.

Interesting first post. :confused:

No doubt it removes oxidation and light contamination, but I'd be highly surprised if it cleaned the surface to the same level a claybar would. Cleaner polishes are no new thing... they've been around a long time and I've used A LOT of them. While they may be good for removing oxidization and light contaminants in all the testing I've done I've been able to go back over them with a claybar and STILL pull up more surface contaminants.

Any before and after pictures to demonstrate its correcting ability?? I see the description says it will remove light scratches. Just curious to see how much correcting ability it actually has.

Edited by Dylan06SS (see edit history)

You are correct sir.

Its funny... theres dozens of products EXACTLY like this, that do EXACTLY the same thing, and have been around longer, but b/c the word CLAY is in the name it garners all kinds of attention. Turtle wax recently did the same thing with their "liquid claybar" Ice product.

Fact is its a cleaner wax... not at all a replacement for a claybar, if anything its something you'd only use AFTER claying.

As for the company, Surf City has a couple of OK products, but for the most part I've been underwhelmed by their stuff. No surprises here, but I much prefer Adams Revive Polish, and for those who were hooked on DER Real Stuff, Adams Revive is about as close to the red bottle as I've been able to find, its even the exact same color.

the only thing i've seen come from surf city is the bug and tar remover lol.

Still find it really odd that someone signed up, posted this one thing, then never came back. Employed by Surf City much??