Looking To Buy A Blue Silverado Ss

Quinnster

• 2 weeks later...

Bump still looking really hard, looked at a couple but were horrific condition... :puke: Torn seat, Deep scratches, horrible paint defects, worn out interior, and door dings from other cars and from previous owner, it is sad... :(

I even found a couple beer bottle caps under the seat of one :nono:

If any of you see any Please let me know I search craigslist, ebay auto trader, cars.com, ect... but most are either overprices for what they are, too far, or trashed...

Any help is apprichiated

Edited by Quinnster (see edit history)

Gonna be a hard thing to find... if I remember correctly arrival blue was the lowest production number color, then top that off with the fact it was only offered for 2 years. Good luck with your search.

I will be honest, I had a helluva time trying to find a blue one when I had got my Sss (was thinking a trade for one with less miles but only would go for a blue color). My dealership couldn't locate one within my radius of willing to travel (New England). The only one I came across was one my freinds brother had who sells cars for bmw and lambo. It was blue 03 w/20,xxx miles for the 20g price range and he never let me know about it ( :idiot: ). It didnt stay on the lot for more than 24 hours. Mint condition.

Just be patient, it will show up. Its disturbing to me that the most rare color Sss is being abused from what you have seen.

Gonna be a hard thing to find... if I remember correctly arrival blue was the lowest production number color, then top that off with the fact it was only offered for 2 years. Good luck with your search.

Yea, I believe their were, 1600 made... 1103 in 2003 and about 500-600 in 2004

I will be honest, I had a helluva time trying to find a blue one when I had got my Sss (was thinking a trade for one with less miles but only would go for a blue color). My dealership couldn't locate one within my radius of willing to travel (New England). The only one I came across was one my freinds brother had who sells cars for bmw and lambo. It was blue 03 w/20,xxx miles for the 20g price range and he never let me know about it ( :idiot: ). It didnt stay on the lot for more than 24 hours. Mint condition.

Just be patient, it will show up. Its disturbing to me that the most rare color Sss is being abused from what you have seen.

Yea, I'm finding a few for sale on ebay in good condition with 70,000+ miles and they want no less than 22, which I think is a bit much. The last one I looked at had 40,000 miles and the rest of it was poor condition and they wanted 20,000 and the lowest they would go was 18,500.... and carfax showed they bought it at an auction!

All I can say is i wish I had the $$ a few months ago cuz I saw some really nice ones for good deals, but in the last couple months nothing!!!

Be patient man, in my experience a good deal comes about twice a year, these things can take a little time and legwork. Just keep saving and expanding your contacts, you'll get it. :chevy:

Mr. P. :)

I had mine listed months ago for a decent price IMO, but I've got $13K in mods and most don't want to pay $20K for a modded truck. She's off the market now. I had to refinance to get my ex's name off the title so I'm keeping her. Take your time and you should be able to find a good deal.

I had mine listed months ago for a decent price IMO, but I've got $13K in mods and most don't want to pay $20K for a modded truck. She's off the market now. I had to refinance to get my ex's name off the title so I'm keeping her. Take your time and you should be able to find a good deal.

Yea, I actually like yours alot and seriously considered it. I saw it on ebay and I think its still on auto trader. The price is completely fair, but for me personally it would be a little more of a stretch especially with it being 2,000 miles away too. If it was still for sale in the next month or 2 I would have probly snagged it. But its good your keeping it, its an awesome truck!!! one of my favorite blue ones on here! :thumbs:

seen this one Matt? close to home too...

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/ctd/1185965701.html

Yea I did.... It was in terrible condition. there were dings and scraches all over, the seats were very worn. the "PYLE" stereo didn't work, it just made alternator whine, the extended cab portion had a crease where maybe he had paint less dent removal. and on top of all that I found beer bottle caps under the seat and the sub box. It was sad and I didn't trust it. Also when I looked up the carfacts history report it showed that the used car lot bought it from an auction. I told them for everything that would need fixing to be in good condition again it would only be worth it to me if I could get it for 14-15000 but they said the lowest they would go was 18,500....

IMO for the condition it is in and what they probly got it for VS sale price it was a huge rip off! ooo well i'lll find one adventually, just gotta be patient (which I was never great at), lol. But it will definently be worth it!!!! Atleast I still get to drive a Chevy truck in the meantime! :chevy:

• 3 weeks later...

Buy mine its a clean 03 black w/ 61k miles and a hell of a deal need to sell it fast, you could fly in and drive back sounds to me like a fun roadtrip Rt.66 ?

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=54048

BTW the whole buying from auction thing is no big deal 80% of all used car lots buy thier cars from auctions. It's just another way for dealerships to move cars fast, they take trade ins and take them to the auction to turn them in to cash.

Edited by bikeman311 (see edit history)

I recently decided since I payed off my current truck a month ago, I'm going to follow though with the plans I've had for it since my $$ can go into mods rather than payments on buying a SS. Especially since my truck is only worth 5,000, it would be cheaper to keep it.

My ideas soo far are New paint, possible something a little custom (my current paint is F-ed up!), Going to do a custom suspension to make it handle like mad (convert rear to coil overs, and do a 4 link setup), Custom interior, change grill, lights, ect., T56 once my current trans goes out and possibly LSX block for the grand finally!!! :drool:

I will still always love the SS, but I cant afford to make payments one one and Mod it at the same time. Thanks for the help trying to find one for me though! :thumbs: