PAT TILLMAN

ginnie ss

in case I am not mistaken, there were others killed, everyday more, and only tillman gets the praise because he quit his million dollar job. I must give him respect as a MAN. What about the other men and women who die and dont get a second on MTV talkinig about how they went to the military so that they could afford college and now they have left family members/kids at home with out them...I dont want to flame, but I though we were getting them back for killing us on sept 11, are still getting them back??? Just with our lives. NO Americans should die, NFL or not they are all americans and their lives are important.

Pat Tillman rest in Peace, a man above many.

How many lives?

in case I am not mistaken, there were others killed, everyday more, and only tillman gets the praise because he quit his million dollar job. I must give him respect as a MAN. What about the other men and women who die and dont get a second on MTV talkinig about how they went to the military so that they could afford college and now they have left family members/kids at home with out them...I dont want to flame, but I though we were getting them back for killing us on sept 11, are still getting them back??? Just with our lives. NO Americans should die, NFL or not they are all americans and their lives are important.

Pat Tillman rest in Peace, a man above many.

How many lives?

detjoe,

I understand where you are comming from. I am a US Marine who has served in OIF and Enduring Freedom, this was a little hard for me to swallow as well. Pat Tillman was a great American, but his sacrifices were no greater than anyone else that served over there and was killed. Just remember that it is the news media that projects this image, not Pat Tillman or his family. Also I would like to thank everyone else on this forum who has thanked the troops, we do appreciate it and it is you all that make America worth fighting for. :flag:

I can't speak for anyone else, but I think you mis-understand me.

As a retired GI, I honor every single man and woman willing to lace up a pair of jump boots and put it on the line for the USA.

I happen to think Tillman was important (not more important, that's a press thing) because he was the only Pro player to walk away and put it on the line. This (again, it's because of the press) is the example our kids learn from. It's not till later in their lives that they can actually see the sacrifices of us "mere mortals"....

Perhaps that doesn't make sense, but it's as close as I can come to expressing my feelings.... :flag:

Archived