My Laptop Fun!

SSThunder

Well for the past couple weeks or so my laptop has been shutting off while I'm using it. The fans have been running at high speed but the laptop was feeling hot. So I figure i would take a shot and see what was wrong. I took it apart piece by piece(lots of pieces) and found the heat sinks were clogged so I cleaned those out and it appears to be running great. Good news: laptops working great, Bad news: I have 5 screws left over....doh!! Enjoy the pics.

PICS!!

post-5955-1242404532_thumb.jpgpost-5955-1242404797_thumb.jpgpost-5955-1242404980_thumb.jpg

post-5955-1242404942_thumb.jpg

Edited by SSThunder (see edit history)

:withstupid: They ALWAYS give you extra parts. They are their just in case you loose one and need another. Lol. I swear harware seems to multiple when taking something apart. I usually have 2 or 3 nuts or bolts left over. :cheers:

I got gipped I only had one extra screw... I did the same thing to my old laptop... trying to solve a charge cable connection problem... and when I put it back together I only had one extra screw, even after i took it apart a second time. :confused: Works fine now, nothing a little kitchen foil couldnt fix.

That's one thing most people don't think about when it comes to their laptop (or even desktops). They collect A LOT of dust and need to be cleaned out, vacuuming works pretty good if you don't want to buy a can of air (less messy too).