Chevy Dealers Gone?

Letters were supposed to be sent out to dealers today. News says approx. 1100 dealers are getting the axe. My understanding is that it's mostly Buick, Pontiac, GMC dealers. I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time. :D Worst part for the consumer is less competetion = higher sales price. :wtf:

I couldn't see the dealership here in Rapid City closing.. Its basically the Hub of chevrolet/buick/GMC in the 3 state area.. besides denver.

There is a smaller Chevrolet dealership in Spearfish however.. that I could possibly see closing..

dam economy :(

Rydell Chevy in Van Nuys, CA shut down a week after I bought my SS in December. I actually didn't even buy it at the Van Nuys location cuz of their undescribable bad attitude. I had San Fernando Rydell bring the truck up from Van Nuys and they were great. I now understand why no one cared, they must of known of the closing lol.

the dealer here in town closed over 6 weeks ago. had my car in for service, and when they pulled it out, the mechanic was pushing his tool box right behind it..what sucks is the closest dealer is 50 mi away, and there not doing good ether. if they close, next closest is 110 mi.. :mad:

:seeya:

I saw the geographical locations of the closings on tv, I honestly cant remember if it was ford or GM dealerships though. It mostly had TX, CA, midwest states, and surrounding states around MI. I checked for my state and not one is closing yet.

they shut down people's chevrolet dealer here in chula vista a while back ago, and john mccune chrisler, jeep ,dodge this week, that dealer was very popular here in diego

its a sad day in america, hopefully this is just a stage and bussines will be back as ussual, and not the end of the american car

AmericanCars3.jpg

:flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

I hope the silver lining in all this is that the customer service attitudes at the remaining GM dealers goes up.

Mr. P.

It really should. I hope it's the begining of a return to the America of old. When people actually took pride in their work.

Letters were supposed to be sent out to dealers today. News says approx. 1100 dealers are getting the axe. My understanding is that it's mostly Buick, Pontiac, GMC dealers. I could be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time. :D Worst part for the consumer is less competetion = higher sales price. :wtf:

I used to sell Buick,Pontiac,GMC and as far as i know from my buddies at the dealership Pontiac is going to be the first one to go...but for now their newest built the G8GT and the GXP versions are going to be alive for a while...but I guess we just have to wish them luck............

We have NOT received a letter from GM here either at Patterson Auto Center GMC/Caddy/Pontiac/Buick in Wichita Falls, TX either. Thank GOD.

We have Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep here too, and we passed that closing list already... :happysad:

Edited by Bad Bowtie (see edit history)

We have NOT received a letter from GM here either at Patterson Auto Center GMC/Caddy/Pontiac/Buick in Wichita Falls, TX either. Thank GOD.

We have Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep here too, and we passed that closing list already... :happysad:

They haven't told us yay or nay on the letter. I'm thinking that we're safe. We are, however, losing a Chrysler-Jeep store in Denton. It's a small Chrysler -Jeep/Kia dealer that actually does more Kia business than anything, so it will stay open as a Kia dealer. Hopefully it will work out, so people aren't out on the streets.

Edit- I wonder how many dealers are not telling their people?

Edited by CoolBlueSS (see edit history)