Basic Exhaust Question

03 BlackoutSSS

Hey guys...I'm new hear. :driving:

I have lurked here quite a bit and spend most of my time on PT.net.

I am about to install an LE1 H/C setup and I have a question about the factory exhaust configuration. Right now, there are two pipes going to the muffler. I expected there to be a Y pipe, like there was on my Z71 with a 5.3.

If I install LTs and a y pipe, are there options, other than custom, that would allow me to keep the stock two pipe configuration, or am I forced to go to a true Y pipe config.?

I will be around more often, socializing and whatnot, but this exhaust thing has been killing me for months.

Thanks fellas.

Edited by 03 BlackoutSSS (see edit history)

I would just run the lts straight into mufflers of your choice, then keep the duels going out :dunno:

or for example.. I'm duels into a x-flow muffler.. then duels out..

not a fan of the Y pipe myself

Use the search button, this question has been asked before, you will find a ton of info on this with a few clicks of your mouse :thumbs:. There are header kits on the market such as Dynatech that will bolt right up to your factory exhaust or most cat-back systems for the SSS.

Use the search button, this question has been asked before, you will find a ton of info on this with a few clicks of your mouse :thumbs: . There are header kits on the market such as Dynatech that will bolt right up to your factory exhaust or most cat-back systems for the SSS.

Thanks, I did. I am not out to waste anyones time, I didn't find the answer that I was looking for, hence the post.

Jaymz...thanks man.