Went To The Track Agian

diggerdan11

So i went to Wittman Speedworld in Wittman, AZ (just outside phoenix) for the AZSRA.com show and race (Arizona Street Racers Association). I am very disappointed in my times. My personal best was 14.76@ 91.5mph, the best i could get was 15.11 @89.68mph. Now my personal best came from a track in Oregon and the weather was low 90s and it cooled off to the 80s before i left and the elevation is only 197 feet. Yesterday in Phoenix my first run was 104 outside and it only cooled off to 96 by the time i left at 9:30 and the elevation is almost 1700 feet.

Please tell me the bad times are because the elevation difference and the heat and not something to do with the truck, my truck was runing about 210* all night ans i could not get it to cool down. the only thing i have done different on my truck was i removed the Flowmaster 50 Series SUV mufflers and replaced them with glass packs.

here is a list of my terrible times:

15.17 @ 89.09

15.24 @ 88.72

15.43 @ 88.51

15.27 @ 88.92

15.11 @ 89.68

15.35 @ 88.83

15.26 @ 89.13

15.21 @ 88.97

Besides the terrible times, i did have fun. I got to race a bunch of ricers and i beat them all except one ( a 12 second evo does not count as a ricers). There were a bunch of 9second bikes, a million slow ricers and my personal favorite a SRT10 crew cab that claimed he could run in the 12s and the best he could get was 14.4 :crackup:

Heat and elevation does kill your times. Your mods list a 160* stat. and you said the truck was running like 210* all night :confused: Do you have a scan gauge or going by the factory temp gauge because that sounds high to me. I have a 160* stat and run highest of 174* on my scan gauge no matter how hot it is.

ss_truck_017.jpg

Heat and elevation does kill your times. Your mods list a 160* stat. and you said the truck was running like 210* all night :confused: Do you have a scan gauge or going by the factory temp gauge because that sounds high to me. I have a 160* stat and run highest of 174* on my scan gauge no matter how hot it is.

No i dont have a scan gauge i was going from the factory gauge, normally just running around it runs a little less then 180* At the track however it kept spiking up to 210, and no matter how long i tried to let it cool down its still would not drop to normal driving temperatures, i was running the heater a little too, and that did not cool it down :confused:

look on the bright side.. those are fairly consistant times !

i run a 160* thermostat and touch 200-205 sometimes as well. Usually idling in traffic, of if I get on it a little bit with out substantial air flow

Damn Dan, you should have PM'd me. I would have met you out there. It is getting hot so track runs are going to be bad now. At least you were consistent.

I'm sorry scott. I would have but it was a last min decision. I was just in the area and about an hour before racing started I looked at there web site and noticed they were racing so I figured I would check it out. Next time I will def pm you.