Avg Econ After Radix Install

I expected a little gain but this seems odd to me..

I averaged 13.9 on dash.. This is after basically 3 years of driving, never changed..

after the Radix install I reset it..

I'm sitting at 23.2 now.. :wtf:

I thought it was way off so I left it.. I've driven it through town and back for over a week now and it goes from 22.8 to 23.2 by the time I get home ( 12 miles of hwy )

I take the same EXACT way to my business, never changes and I have the same driving habbits

This can't be right can it ?

IMG00145-20090520-2132.jpg

Edited by JaymzSS (see edit history)

As the Chinese man said when his mentally handicapped child was born...

"Sum Ting Wong"

:lol:

I would agree.. makes me nervous..

i see around 12 in town and around 17 on the highway

thats exactly what I was assuming I would get

after my wheatley tune my mpg went up. i drove down to the coast last weekend wich is about 180 miles and my average was 22.7 most of the time. my city milage is about 17.3 so it could be that idk

I expected a little gain but this seems odd to me..

I averaged 13.9 on dash.. This is after basically 3 years of driving, never changed..

after the Radix install I reset it..

I'm sitting at 23.2 now.. :wtf:

I thought it was way off so I left it.. I've driven it through town and back for over a week now and it goes from 22.8 to 23.2 by the time I get home ( 12 miles of hwy )

I take the same EXACT way to my business, never changes and I have the same driving habbits

This can't be right can it ?

IMG00145-20090520-2132.jpg

Yeah that doesn't sound right. i would hand calculate as well. Fill your truck up all the way, set your trip meter to zero, drive about a quarter to half a tank, fill up again to the top, and divide your trip miles by the number of gallons you put in to fill. This little method should be close enough to measure if something is right or wrong.

Good luck bud.

As the Chinese man said when his mentally handicapped child was born...

"Sum Ting Wong"

Something is not right Derek. I know you have been having all sorts of issues. I dont know how our trucks compute gas mileage.

"Sum Ting Wong" alright... you bought a s/c and your driving habits didn't change??? Put it to the floor and your mileage will go back to what your used to.

Hand calculate the MPG and see how bad off it is for starters

Good idea.

after my wheatley tune my mpg went up. i drove down to the coast last weekend wich is about 180 miles and my average was 22.7 most of the time. my city milage is about 17.3 so it could be that idk

Thats good mileage for a 2WD Silverado. Derek is awd and supercharged with 4.10 gears. I average about 12.7 around town and around 15 on the freeway with my radix setup.

[quote name='Black2003SS' date='May 21 2009, 11:14 AM' post='628456'

Thats good mileage for a 2WD Silverado. Derek is awd and supercharged with 4.10 gears. I average about 12.7 around town and around 15 on the freeway with my radix setup.

:withstupid:

"Sum Ting Wong" alright... you bought a s/c and your driving habits didn't change??? Put it to the floor and your mileage will go back to what your used to.

:crackup: I like this guy...

Oh I'll be mashing on it as soon as my AFR and timing is right, trust me :driving:

as soon as the rain lets up, I'll go out and fill it up.. do the math on it manually and see what it tells me :dunno:

Good excuse to drive it everywhere