Custom Tune

F1SSS

I have a stock ss and I believe its finally time to turn myself into a man and add some mods. I was looking at intakes, exhausts and small bolt-ons but and have found some very appealing products (Volants Powercore Nanofiber dry type air filter, corsa sport exhaust) in the process. However, the money breakdown does not make sense to me. Dont get me wrong those, are some of the best products.

So this is where I need your help SS fam. I am thinking of just ordering a custom tune from one of the very well known tuners here on the site (zippy, wheatley, blackbaer). Will this be the best bang for my buck to add power (more power than just an intake alone)? I know an air intake will help the tune as well an exhaust, but is the tune itself worth the money on a stock ss?

I guess it comes down to me not wanting to spend 400ish for an intake, and wanting to get more results from a custom tune thats somewhat the same price (is that a correct statement)? Although down the line an intake would be in store, and the tune adjusted.

Also, if you tune in on the thread and have a tune from one of the vendors named, what steered you to that vendor (service, price, tune features such as locking the tune in the pcm, etc). Positive feedback only please :chevy:

I was not sure if this was a correct section as it pcm tuning, however I am asking for opinions and such :chevy:

Edited by 03maSSS (see edit history)

well first off an intake is not $400 bucks... more like $200-$250... AEM is a true performer and has been dyno tested. As far as tuners go... well its going to turn into a war here.. IMHO hands down Justin from Black Bear Performance is where its all at... He is an instructor for EFI Live tuning/basics classes around the world and has lots of hands on experiance with loaded dynos and testing and verifing his tunes.. Well hope this helps and good luck with your decisions... let the modd'n begin

Wheatley I have been watching your thread on the discount for the group package tune, I will pm you. :cheers:

Wickedowesix I like the AEM alot but the enclosed intakes I guess are my flavor (I remember you responded to my dry intake thread and I appreciate it alot, you have had alot of input to help me out). I have been only able to find the Powercore Nanofiber for 399 on stylintrucks. Thank you for the info on Justin, it is very helpfull. :cheers:

:chevy:

my decision will not be made till june as I will be MIA (surgery).

If you want a great price along with a great tune,send me a pm.I will get you a deal

Do a searcha nd there are many many satisfied customers with our tuning

Wheatley

Can't go wrong with Charlie, my tune has been dead on from day one! :thumbs: