Fs: 200 Amp Alternator

Krambo

Up for sale is a 200 Amp (minimum) alternator from DB Electrical. It is powdercoated black and has an overdrive pulley installed to ensure you have full output at 1000 RPMs. This alternator uses the larger GM 145 amp alternator casing which is slightly larger than the 105 Amp alternator. Because of this (and the overdrive pulley), you may need a longer belt however it is a direct bolt in replacement.

Reason I am selling: I had charging issues from my build and bought a second new alternator to rule out some issues. I soon discovered that my charging issues was due to a poor ground on the alternator / power steering bracket since I painted the bracket black and effectively isolated the alternator. A new 4 awg ground lug fixed her right up and now I have a second alternator just sitting on the shelf. I put about 50 miles on this unit for troubleshooting only. The unit is slick for sure.

You should consider fusing the main charging wire that comes off the alternator and use at least 4 awg stranded wire directly to the battery. For us 03 silverado's that put on E-fans, the 105 alternator barely has enough to keep up...add some other electrical goodies and you need more charging capability.

Price is $250.00 and I will throw in some 4awg wire and lugs. I also have a trick waterproof fuse holder that displays charging voltage if interested.

Pictures (don't mind the dust, the alt is VERY CLEAN!):

IMG_1466.jpg

IMG_1509.jpg