Great Lakes Dragaway Tonight?

shadowsniper3006

Hey guys on the ride home i got the idea it might be fun to race tonight. I'm getting tired of going down there myself so i thought i'd see if anyone wants to meet up on short notice and do some racing. Temps look like 58-61 through out the racing, no rain, and even though weather.com says it's a head wind, i swear i felt a south wind which would be a tail wind. Just thought i'd ask, if no one wants to go i won't either. I'll check this message till around 6pm and then forget it if no one replies. I'll go if even one guy wants to race. If you want to go but don't want to check this message every 5 minutes, give me your number and i'll call you when i see you replied, but if you say you'll be there....i will just go.

Brad

Edited by shadowsniper3006 (see edit history)

I think I'm going to plan on making it out there in late Oct, sometime when the weather is at its peak. Cause its a hella drive for me... But there is another TBSS out there that I want to run, if he doesn't cam it by then. Plus quite a few other TBSS guys I'd like to meet. So if you want to plan one when the weather gets cold, I'll definitely be down...

yeah right now I plan by the day for the racing. I don't really waste my time on hot days either or if there is a head wind. But if it gets down to 50 and there is a south wind....then its racing time. I'll make sure i post if i go down there, and when we can plan on good weather i'll post a week or 2 in advance. It would be great to meet up with some guys though, this racing by myself stuff is getting boring

700 miles to go to great lakes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Damn man there must be nicer tracks around that are about 600 miles closer.

No, there isn't. The closest 1/4 track to me is either in winnipeg, 300 miles away, or just on the Minnesota side of Fargo which is about the same distance. So why not travel a few extra hours and meet up w/ a bunch of TBSS guys I know and whatever other SSS guys that want to come out. I've heard of GLD a lot too, never heard of this track in Minn. So I assume its a much better track. As much as I hate 1/8th mile, I'm lucky to have it right here in my town. Cause its the only active flat track in ND...

Dude, this state blows....

Edit: Disregard... 854 miles.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Minot&...rove+&2s=WI

Edited by ImpalaSSpeed96 (see edit history)

wow, well let me know when your coming to town. Maybe we can get a couple of SSS out there. there is one track more in the middle of WI, but if your group is going to GLD then it still makes no difference, but Wisconsin international raceway(WIR) should be closer to you..... a little closer. I've never been out there yet but am planning on going out there this month to check it out.