My Ss Is No Longer My Daily!

page305

After many years of wanting one, I decided to sell an old playing card collection (Magic: The Gathering) on eBay. A few weeks later... ca-ching! Police Interceptor!

Now before I get rants of "a$ just wants to be a poser cop!"... there were many reasons for the buy... (by the way, I HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend them as a secondary vehicle).

1) The way people drive around you. No more tailgating, cutting you off, 25mph in the left lane, not allowing you to merge in... etc etc.

2) Park wherever you want.

3) They're white and stay clean for what seems like an eternity (compared to a black SS).

4) Dirt Cheap! I paid $2500 with 85k miles on an '01.

5) Parts are dirt cheap!

6) Fast and Handle like they're on rails!

7) Decent on gas 17 city/23-25 highway.

8) Easily 200k + miles running life (if cared for).

9) Bare bones interior, plastic floors, upholstered seats... black wheels... what's that? I hit a curb!? Shake Shake, Rattle Rattle Hhsssss... Fixed!

10) Finally; a beefed up trans and shift points, oil pan, external oil-to-coolant heat exchanger, trans cooler, brakes, 3.55 posi, aluminum metal matrix composite driveshaft, heavy duty shocks, stainless dual exhaust, sway bars and stiffeners out the a**, and a beefy alternator.

Yeah, they are driven pretty darn hard, but I see alot for sale with over 150K... and I believe there's a reason taxi-cab companies (who make they're money based on driving!) want them... I've spoken to a few cops that I know about them and they all say they're one tough car. (I know it's still a Ford, lol)...

:lol: Fun factor: watch people glance at you in the mirror every 3 seconds, put their seatbelts on "discretely" (or so they think, haha!), and see all the cars lighting up the trees behind them with their brake lights when they see you coming...

Also got free food ar McDonalds, lol, never even asked if I was a cop; just assumed. :D

It needs a little cosmetic work... maybe a paint job. But as far as mechanical; only a "tick tick" exhaust leak and a bad control arm bushing.

I'm going to get some new headlights (they're dingy looking) and a gorhino push bumper for it, and maybe a small antennae... here's a crappy cell phone pic (pre-detail).

:cheers:

sweet, I have been contemplating a P71 as a DD too :driving:

Do it!

It's soooo worth it. Stay above a '99 though... if you wanna be dead balls accurate on the cruiser look... stay above an '02. They changed alot in '03.

me being an IMPALA MAN i shit on vics

but i guess its a good DD

Agreed, Impala SS is a far better car and much faster. But it doesn't get people's awareness and that "oh shlt it's a cop, I better move" like the P71's do. And an Impala would be an expensive beater car. If I bought an Impala SS, I'd be anal with it like I am with my Silverado SS... defeats the purpose for me.

I thought of one of the Impala interceptors, but they don't have many of them in my area, so noone pays them any attention.

you forgot the part about everyone ever where you go doing 5 under the speed limit cuz your behind them hahaha

Yeah, that part sucks... single lane roads... lol.

I was telling a girl at Wawa about how excited I was (right before I bought it) and she said that too, without even thinking about it. Lol, I hadn't thought of it before that. She took the wind right out of my sail.

Edited by page305 (see edit history)

Agreed, Impala SS is a far better car and much faster. But it doesn't get people's awareness and that "oh shlt it's a cop, I better move" like the P71's do. And an Impala would be an expensive beater car. If I bought an Impala SS, I'd be anal with it like I am with my Silverado SS... defeats the purpose for me.

I thought of one of the Impala interceptors, but they don't have many of them in my area, so noone pays them any attention.

u mean caprice interceptors (9C1)?

and yes lol i know bro i was playing.. i love all 3 of my impala's i hate that since my drive is gone i have a DD one of them but o well..

im looking for anther Sss or TBss but Sss is first..

good luck with you new DD.. i know your going to mod the hell out your truck now