You Guys Have *got* To See This

misterp

Y'all aint gonna believe this sh_t. My roadtrip and vacation is off to a bang-up start - NOT. :banghead: I promised myself I would clean the truck, I had to work at it until 3:30am. There was so much automatic transmission fluid on the tail of the truck I had to spray it off with TWO cans of aerosol carb cleaner first, THEN wash it; you know the cosmoline waxy crap on the frame of your truck? that's what the back of my truck was like. My garage floor has a Exxon Valdez cleanup to do when I get back from CA.

Before:

_DSC0124w.jpg

After: :D

_DSC0125w.jpg

So I grab a few hours sleep, up before 8am and finshed cleaning the INSIDE of the truck, which was so dusty you could smell it. :sick: Last thing on my to-do list, was to check out a P0102 code; when I got the truck inspected the station told me that the PCM had this DTC code even though the dashboard MIL was not on. :confused: What this means is that the MAF was no working right, and the PCM was running in speed-density mode - funny thing at the time was that the truck still passed emissions without a functioning MAF :lol: and they say beating new-age smog is tough :jester: But I figured that it was probably killing my mileage and since I WAS going to be driving up & down 8000-ft mountains I had better check out what the PCM was all pissed-off about - what I found floored me, I thougt I saw it all but again I was stunned, the Outlaw aftermarket CAI kit had 'imploded', the air filter element had completely caved-in just in front of the MAF and the reason I was getting the P0102 code was because the MAF screen was covered in bug-guts :mad: Out came the carb cleaner again... after taking apart the Outlaw CAI this is what remained of the air filter element:

Well there's your problem... Outlaw CAI filter element came completely un-f'n-glued on me:

_DSC0130w.jpg

So I ran back up into the attic, and retrieve the stock CAI I removed in 2003. I was pissed. I was late. I was mad as.. well pretty damned mad. And I was wrenching/installing the stock piece when through the dirt I saw something, and I wiped away the dirt and GUESS WHAT I UNCOVERED :eek: the following was written on the plate that the stock CAI anchors to, I cannot believe that I did not see this years ago when I first removed it!

Someone was thoughtful enough to tell me when the truck was assembled and it's build number.

_DSC0127w.jpg

So, the lesson here is one that Dan's Dad (Jerry Hereid) pounded into our heads - "ALWAYS, ALWAYS KEEP YOUR STOCK SH!T!" :lol: Thank you Jerry, not only can I now get on my way to CA but because I had this gem my bad mood is gone, my morning didn't turn out that bad after all.

Of course this now means I'm going to have to average 95+ mph to Sturgis to get there in time :rolleyes: At least I'll be flying low in high style. :chevy:

I love my truck!

_DSC0129w.jpg

Mr. P. :)

Damn Steve........ :eek: .........Looks like you had some work cut out for you...... :D ....And you aren't gonna believe this, but my wife named our Siamese cat the same damn name, for the same damn reason....We've had this cat for about 5 years, and when he was a kitten, he would terrorize anything/everything in the house......My wife was yellin'...."stop T.earing U.p M.y Sh**......I have got to show her your thread when she gets home................... :lol:

Nice truck. Nice detail job!!! I had to use my stock air filter when I sold my cia for a new on and it arrived damaged!!! good to have the stock for a backup :thumbs: oh and I ran at the track with it an only ran 3 tenths off!

t.u.m.s is a pissy lookin cat...lol..helluva name for something that causes heart burn.

Oh no, TUMS is the best - great cat love him to death. It's the other cat I have, a momma-cat who is in constant PMS that is the pain in the rear lol.