New Polish Today - Checkit!

looks great Jon. i never noticed the skull on your truck in your siggy.

yeah i took them off right b4 i did the polish, im workin on something different now. ill post some pics when i get it on..

Looks really good... I would recommend applying something over the top of that with better protective qualities. The cleaner waxes are generally more for deep cleaning your paint and offer very little in the way of durable protection. Theres a little protection in them, but if you put all the effort into cleaning it up you should layer on something that will give it more IMO.

Save up your money and buy The Flex. It has more correction capabilities than the PC.

http://www.autogeek.net/flex-orbital-polisher.html

yes and no... it does have more correcting ability than the PC, but thats due to the fact it has a forced driven rotation to the head, similar to a rotary. The reason a PC is safe for even a novice to pick up and use is that it won't burn the paint, even if you tried, b/c the head freespin. No driven rotation = no paint burning. The flex on the other hand w/ its driven rotation has the potential to do some real damage in inexperienced hands.

Not saying its a bad machine, but it should be used by someone with SOME experience with a buffer before just jumping to the flex.

BTW -- there is a group buy on an Adams PC kit going on over on TBSSowners.com if anyone is interested. Just PM me and I'll add you to the list.

Edited by Dylan06SS (see edit history)

Looks really good... I would recommend applying something over the top of that with better protective qualities. The cleaner waxes are generally more for deep cleaning your paint and offer very little in the way of durable protection. Theres a little protection in them, but if you put all the effort into cleaning it up you should layer on something that will give it more IMO.

yes and no... it does have more correcting ability than the PC, but thats due to the fact it has a forced driven rotation to the head, similar to a rotary. The reason a PC is safe for even a novice to pick up and use is that it won't burn the paint, even if you tried, b/c the head freespin. No driven rotation = no paint burning. The flex on the other hand w/ its driven rotation has the potential to do some real damage in inexperienced hands.

Not saying its a bad machine, but it should be used by someone with SOME experience with a buffer before just jumping to the flex.

BTW -- there is a group buy on an Adams PC kit going on over on TBSSowners.com if anyone is interested. Just PM me and I'll add you to the list.

would you mind sending me a pm letting me know what is included in the kit and how much

thanks

Of course the GB comes up after I just received my new kit today :banghead: haha

i have a couple scuffs in the clear coat , will the pc get them out?

and aslo how much is that kit?

and what protectant would you recomend?

i have a couple scuffs in the clear coat , will the pc get them out?

and aslo how much is that kit?

and what protectant would you recomend?

Depends entirely on how deep the scuffs are, its likely you could get them out or at a very minimum reduce them significantly with a porter cable.

I'll PM you about the kit b/c I'm not a vendor and I don't want to disrespect the site by soliciting here.

As for protection, its entirely up to you... there are a number of options:

Liquid wax... typical over the counter stuff, cheap, and readily available. Not terribly durable, not terribly good with shine characteristics, but it does the trick cheap. Good example would be something like Megs Gold Class or Mothers California Gold. Better products are out there from companies like Adams, Chemical Guys, Poor Boys, etc that are better but in the end none of them are going to be the BEST at any one thing... they are all a compromise of price, performance, and appearance.

Liquid blends... can be a mixture of natural waxes and synthetic polymers or just be purely synthetics. Much more durable, but tend to leave your finish looking lifeless compared to other products. Pretty much all the autozone brands have these now. Stuff like Synwax, FX, nano... yadda yadda yadda.

Sealants... this is where we start to get interesting. Sealants are extremely durable fully synthetic blends of polymers and aminos that bond to the paints surface to protect it better than most "waxes" The main drawback to sealants is the lack of depth and life in the paint. They tend to be very shiney, but look "plastic" to anyone who has an eye for painted finishes. The great thing about sealants (besides the durability) is that you can reaily layer over the top of them with higher gloss/depth products to get the best of both worlds. Sealants are also excellent on wheels and lower rocker panels as they tend to see more abuse than say your hood. As far as sealants go I love Adams Machine Superwax and Optimums Optiseal.

Premium carnuba waxes... these are pricey, but worth every penny if youre serious about your finish. 2-3 coats of a good high white carnuba content wax will outlast pretty much anything else out there. They also offer exceptional depth, warmth, and gloss to your finish. The good thing is it takes so little paste to effectively cover a truck that one expensive tub of product can last you a very long time. Right now I'm hooked on Adams Americana Paste Wax, but there are products like Sovereign, Natty's, etc that are all similar type products.

The beauty of all of this is you can get 2 of these types of technology and layer them for the best of both worlds. Currently my TBSS is under a couple of coats of Adams Machine Superwax and topped with a couple layers of Americana Paste... super durable, super deep, and looks dripping wet :D

DSC_4992.jpg

DSC_4980.jpg

Hope that helps, I know its a lot to digest... if you have questions you know where to find me :cheers:

Dylan, I've been pretty sold on Zaino. It puts a kick ass shine on, but it doesn't seem to last. Can any sealants/waxes be used on top of that to get good protection?

That would be b/c Zaino doesn't remove imperfections, it only masks them and it never really holds up unless you are habitually applying tons of product. The only abbrasive product in their entire line is ZPC I believe... so yea... pretty much as soon as it starts to break down all the imperfections will return and your protection is gone. Like I've said before, nothing wrong with that process, just not the way I approach things.

You typically don't apply sealants over the top of weaker products b/c a sealant will only last as long as the surface its bonded to. So if you apply sealant over a product that breaks down in 1 week... you're sealant will be gone in 1 week. The best way to go about it is to apply a sealant as a base then top it with your "pretty" product of choice... of course the RIGHT way to do it would be to correct the defects, polish the paint, and apply something that looks good AND offers durability (i.e. - Americana )

DSC_4992.jpg

DSC_4980.jpg

ok i now know you were being nice when you said my truck looked good.... i want my trucks paint to look like yours.... :eek:

so cut the bs what are you using and in what steps do u got to put it on?

i want a how to , on how to get my paint like yours step by step... please :fingersx::pop:

Edited by idahoBLKss (see edit history)

DSC_4992.jpg

DSC_4980.jpg

ok i now know you were being nice when you said my truck looked good.... i want my trucks paint to look like yours.... :eek:

so cut the bs what are you using and in what steps do u got to put it on?

i want a how to , on how to get my paint like yours step by step... please :fingersx::pop:

:withstupid::drool: