Gutted Cats

hi the names (abe) i have a 2004 awd silverado ss right now i have dual exhoust with side tips i don't really like the look of the side exhoust and sound of the side exhoust i am thinking of taking it all off and putting 3inch piping dumping the exhoust and gutting my cats anyone have anny useful information about me gutting the cats (will it help out as in hp) will it mess anything up? help??

Use the search option it will answer your questions better than i can. I dont know your mods, i would start with LT headers with no cats, dump the exhaust if you like, maybe some cut outs. As long as you get the tune to support the mods it will go faster. I would not delete the cats until you install some LT headers, i did it once and did not like the sound.

yes.. more HP..

make sure you don't have strict emissions laws in your state first..

and your also going to want to plan a tune closely to gutting your cats, or your basically going to have the opposite effect.

as far as beating them out.. Just cut them out, then use a pipe, or crow bar.. anything really, and beat the center out of them, and weld them back up.

I just cut mine completely out.