Anyone?

angels05ss

Dont know this exact setup (wether it has cats or not), but this clip has helped me make my choice when I go aftermarket (corsa w/dynatech).

I would like to apologize to the owner of the clip as I have posted his video without knowledge, just dont know what member it is here :chevy:

I ran the stock manifolds, gutted cats, and Corsa Touring and it was the BEST sounding exhaust I've ever heard IMO. It sounded so good I regularly had people walking up to me every other week to compliment/ask me about it. Another reason it sounded so good was the TCS-2800 converter, because it would allow the motor to flash up to speed pretty quickly, great sounding combination.

Mr. P. :)

Dont know this exact setup (wether it has cats or not), but this clip has helped me make my choice when I go aftermarket (corsa w/dynatech).

I would like to apologize to the owner of the clip as I have posted his video without knowledge, just dont know what member it is here :chevy:

Thats my truck, and I don't mind at all :cheers: My Dynatech/cats and Corsa sport is quite loud but not too raspy (vid was inside so it sounded it a little). I can imagine that you might see a little more rasp and noise without cats!?!?! :chevy:

I can imagine that you might see a little more rasp and noise without cats!?!?! :chevy:

^^^True statement.........I am running Dynatech LT's, gutted Dynatech cats, and a GMPP/Magnaflow catback. My truck has a nice muscular rumble at idle that isn't too obnoxious. At 2500rpm+ it is raspy as hell, damn near deafening to anyone driving near you in traffic.........I love it! firedevil3dg.gif

Lts, No cats and a 4" Corsa Duramax exhaust on my SS. It has a very similar sound to a Corsa sport. If I keep the rpms around or below 3000 then it is suprisingly tame.... but at 3200rpm it gets obnoxious, to the point that i get out of it as I overtake someone on their left just to be nice... now if they happen to try and run me and are on that side, have mercy on their ear drums :)

Lts, No cats and a 4" Corsa Duramax exhaust on my SS. It has a very similar sound to a Corsa sport. If I keep the rpms around or below 3000 then it is suprisingly tame.... but at 3200rpm it gets obnoxious, to the point that i get out of it as I overtake someone on their left just to be nice... now if they happen to try and run me and are on that side, have mercy on their ear drums :)

what's the difference between the duramax corsa system and our's besides it being 4"?

what's the difference between the duramax corsa system and our's besides it being 4"?

well being 4" is the biggest difference, but the "sound canceling" chambers inside the shell are different lengths and size than the gas models and the body is round, not oval. I'm sure it's tuned for different frequencies, but that is beyond me.