Finally Finished Them

I very carefully used a pocket screwdriver to pop the tabs out of their holes. The factory also uses some double sided tape to keep them on (very small amount). One cap came off completely fine, the other, two tabs broke but as long as you dont break them all they will go back on just fine.

And thanks :thumbs: I figured if they dont hold up well, i only spent about $15 on supplies and will just have someone else shoot them if need be.

those look alot better than chrome and they look like they turned out good. since they are chrome ones they are smooth not the textured they should hold up really good

:thumbs:

what kind of paint did you use? if you plan on using a rattle can in the future. which i used to do on my beater vehicles. you can have a paint shop custom mix your paint code paint with the clear in it, and if you buff it you cant tell the difference. for about a year lol

Did you clear coat the crap out of them?

5 coats of paint, 4 coats of clear. All they had was the little can of clear and I couldve tried one more, but probably would have ran out.

Looks awesome!! you forgot to say how long it took you to finish them

haha yea yea yea... thanks to mother nature. :smash:

what kind of paint did you use? if you plan on using a rattle can in the future. which i used to do on my beater vehicles. you can have a paint shop custom mix your paint code paint with the clear in it, and if you buff it you cant tell the difference. for about a year lol

I used duplicolor adhesion promoter, then there gloss black and clear coat. Wet sanded after the base coats, wet sanded after the clear coats, used a medium compound, cleaner wax, then detailer wax.

Thanks guys :cheers:

Were they originally chrome or just that bumpy black plastic? Reason I ask is I would like to know how you prepped them to get em smooth (that is if they were not chrome). I have aftermarket chrome covers and would like to take em off and paint the OEM one.