New Exhaust Question

zachm89

Id have to run 2 y-pipes, one infront of the muffler and one behind it to keep the dual tips out the side and for some reason all the shops around here charge an arm and a leg to do any little fab work.

I have a dynomax x-flow. muffler and x pipe in one case. can just run duels with it.. cheap.. easy.. works great.. sounds good..

theres your answere buddy

Got any sound clips?

idle clip only sorry.

really agressive as it climbs RPM. Really decent street manors ( quite when you want it to be )

Does NOT have the "redneck" crackle sound to it.

I've had 6 exhaust systems/setups on my truck, and thus far this is my favorite setup.

In this video is no cats, 3" pipe into dynomax x-flow then exits in front of the tires

th_MOV01602-1.jpg

Edited by JaymzSS (see edit history)

Sounds mean as hell man, the cam and blower help with that sound too though :P im thinking about fabbing up my own x-pipe so i dont have to pay the shop 80 bucks for something that i can make myself and slap that on infront of the flows to see if it helps any. If not ill be in the market for a new muffler SOOON!

Sounds mean as hell man, the cam and blower help with that sound too though :P im thinking about fabbing up my own x-pipe so i dont have to pay the shop 80 bucks for something that i can make myself and slap that on infront of the flows to see if it helps any. If not ill be in the market for a new muffler SOOON!

:)

http://summitracing.com/parts/MPE-10791/

http://summitracing.com/parts/SUM-642125/

Hard to beat those prices after you figure in material, and your time

Doing all the above mentioned without adding an X pipe before the muffler???

The basic purpose of a x or h pipe is to equal exhaust pressure on both sides of your motor. The only effect is has on sound really is it reduces the "crackle", it also reduces what sounds like a "loose" exhaust when letting your motor slow you.

The dynomax X-flow has a built in x pipe. Thats why I personally decided to go with it. The simplier the better for me... Theres not a ton of junk under my truck, it sounds decent, and has equal pressure. Plus the price is affordable for anyone..

I also really like the fact I can run true duels with it.. :cheers:

ill be gettin an x pipe welded up this week, i'll let yall know if it makes it sound any better. now my real concern with the exhaust is the mufflers are too low, you can see them below the frame rails! :mad:

ill be gettin an x pipe welded up this week, i'll let yall know if it makes it sound any better. now my real concern with the exhaust is the mufflers are too low, you can see them below the frame rails! :mad:

easy fix... just lower your truck some more :jester:

easy fix... just lower your truck some more :jester:

i would but it sits level now and i like the look where it is...im actually considering another exhaust option that would tuck the mufflers up a little more