Moderators

fast4popper

Ok, call me ignorant to the whole forum thing but i have a few questions, who can answer?

1) what is a moderator? (what do they do?)

2) how much does it cost to be a moderator? (how much?)

3) do you get paid to be a moderator? (how much?)

4) how many moderators do we have? (seems like we have more mods than members)

5) is there some sort of prestigeous award with being a moderator? (seems like some moderators act a lil concieted once they get the title)

6) how does one become a moderator? (no i dont want to be one)

I think thats it for now. just tryin to learn is all :)

1) what is a moderator? (what do they do?)Mostly I move posts and edit title spelling. Put stuff into the correct area. I delete threads that are either duplicates or are just asking for problems. I remove posts that are spam. I dont do the chating but some of us hang there and keep it clean and help people follow the site rules, and if they cannot they get some time off, if they go back at it they are banned.

2) how much does it cost to be a moderator? (how much?)I am a paid member.

3) do you get paid to be a moderator? (how much?)nothing.

4) how many moderators do we have? (seems like we have more mods than members)maybe six not counting Josh. There are old guys like BenKey who is a mod but does not come by much.

5) is there some sort of prestigeous award with being a moderator? (seems like some moderators act a lil concieted once they get the title)No award

6) how does one become a moderator? (no i dont want to be one)so why post this crap? The old mods usually throw names out and pic ones when older ones leave or get busy.

if a Mod is busting your balls send a PM to Josh or another mod and ask whats up. but 9/10 we are pretty firm on how we are trying to keep the site...the same way it has been since I joined in 2003. Other mods can post on this but for others who might want to bitch send a mod a PM or take a chill.