Gm Is Killing Us.

CoolBlueSS

We used to get our deliveries between 8-10:AM, but with all this BS here lately they have changed routes/drivers we never know when we're going to get our stuff. Last night we got our order about 10 minutes before closing. Very frustrating. Any other parts guys having these issues?

Our office is effected by all this GM :icon_bs: in a different way. I manage a 25 unit fleet of Chevrolet vans, all Astros and Expresses. The Chevy dealer down the road from our office belly flopped and shut its doors last friday. I had an open parts account there where I picked up door handles, mirror glass, and other misc. items that break since our guys work out of their vans 5 days per week. They used to perform all warranty work on my newer units, plus we also lost a customer because we provided that dealership with all of their security needs. Now I have to find another dealer to open an account with, and build a repore with(I knew several people that worked there). Of course, the nearest Chevy dealer is now 20 miles away. :freak:

I have been getting my deliveries at normal times. But the big thing here is that it seems like just about everything I order gets either back ordered or referenced somewhere else. Then I got a car down in the shop waiting for stuff to come in from all over the place. :banghead: I feel your pain man.

Rob

The thing is that if someone calls mid to late afternoon you could order from GM, and have it mid morning at the latest. Saving the 15% from buying it from another dealer. We're close to the Ft.Worth PDC (041 for you GM guys :D ), and our cutoff times were 6:PM for next day. Now it's 4:PM, and we never know when they'll show up. I guess we'll just have to get used to it, but don't have to like it.

Dan, I know what you're saying about forging relationships with people. I'm betting the powers that be didn't think about this when they decided to close dealers. Customers are not brand loyal as much as the are to people that treat them right.

I have been getting my deliveries at normal times. But the big thing here is that it seems like just about everything I order gets either back ordered or referenced somewhere else. Then I got a car down in the shop waiting for stuff to come in from all over the place. :banghead: I feel your pain man.

Rob

That's been happening alot more, too.

We used to get our deliveries between 8-10:AM, but with all this BS here lately they have changed routes/drivers we never know when we're going to get our stuff. Last night we got our order about 10 minutes before closing. Very frustrating. Any other parts guys having these issues?

I feel your pain bro. :( Here in Wichita Falls, TX our parts used to be here by 7AM, now it is 11-ish. Right before everyone starts heading out to lunch (techs & parts customers). It is sad.

Have you also noticed the increase in GM PN# supercessions? Using the locator has become a real pain in the rear as of late. Plus, when you call GM P.A.C. the operator says "Do to a higher than normal call volume, wait time has increased. Please remain on the line & we will get to you in the order in which you called in." GET THE F^CK OUT!! :mad:

My guess is it is being caused by all the GM employee lay-offs from the top down. It has begun to affect all the "behind the scene" support personal, and now us. :(

-Jon

We've noticed that, too. I bet it will get worse before it gets better.

When I first started in this business at a Ford dealer we used to have to pick up our daily orders at the PDC in Carrollton. I wish GM would let us do that.

Edited by CoolBlueSS (see edit history)

We have been getting everything at our normal delivery times...8-9AM. Today our parts guy told me about the higher than normal number of supercessions, 2 on one part as a matter of fact (6.0L header gaskets) that we had in stock. I have also noticed that a few recall parts have actually been backordered, but when we order them CSO Emergency they show right up!?!

I'm sure we will be greatly affected when they shut the Boston PDC down as part of their plan because 95% (or more) of our parts are out of Boston. :banghead:

Have you also noticed the increase in GM PN# supercessions? Using the locator has become a real pain in the rear as of late. Plus, when you call GM P.A.C. the operator says "Do to a higher than normal call volume, wait time has increased. Please remain on the line & we will get to you in the order in which you called in." GET THE F^CK OUT!! :mad:

YES!! The supercessions have gotten nuts. Even on parts that have been out for like a year there are three supercessions on it!! It is becoming a huge PITA. As for PAC it is getting ridiculous. Especially when you really need something and you are on hold for like 20 mins while you have tech's pissed of at you.

I have also noticed that a few recall parts have actually been backordered, but when we order them CSO Emergency they show right up!?!

I'm sure we will be greatly affected when they shut the Boston PDC down as part of their plan because 95% (or more) of our parts are out of Boston. :banghead:

Yeah it seems like all if you want something anytime soon you have to do it as a CSO. And even then you may not get it for a week. Having back ordered parts that are part of a recall is complete BS. How can you tell someone that they need to do something for the safety of their vehicle and then say oh sorry we dont have the parts. Then the dealer looks like an idiot. I feel you on the boston thing. As it is I am waiting more and more for stuff to come from other fac but when they shut down I will be screwed. Where in NY are you from?

YES!! The supercessions have gotten nuts. Even on parts that have been out for like a year there are three supercessions on it!! It is becoming a huge PITA. As for PAC it is getting ridiculous. Especially when you really need something and you are on hold for like 20 mins while you have tech's pissed of at you.

Yeah it seems like all if you want something anytime soon you have to do it as a CSO. And even then you may not get it for a week. Having back ordered parts that are part of a recall is complete BS. How can you tell someone that they need to do something for the safety of their vehicle and then say oh sorry we dont have the parts. Then the dealer looks like an idiot. I feel you on the boston thing. As it is I am waiting more and more for stuff to come from other fac but when they shut down I will be screwed. Where in NY are you from?

D.J. Walters Chevrolet Buick Pontiac GMC in Gouverneur, NY...Our family dealership in the middle of f'n nowhere. Two hours north of Syracuse, right on the Canadian border. :chevy: