Hpm Efans - $499!

misterp

THIS GROUP PURCHASE IS NOW CLOSED.

OK Folks - to this point I've kept a lot of restraint speaking about our fans, and now after all the experience we've gained in this last year I'll cut to the chase and say if you are in the market for EFans on your '99+ GM truck YOU WANT THESE FANS. After a year of real-world service we (and our customers!) have enjoyed 100% success and satisfaction with our product. Since beginning design a couple years ago I have seen every form of efan install, and after countless comparisons with trucks parked fender-to-fender we can honestly say the HPM Efans absolutely outperform anything else on the market in CFM, reliability, ease/speed of install, space (low-profile), and value. The HPM Efans pull half-again more air than the GM 2005+ efans, and virtually double anything else I've seen including retrofitted LS1 Efans, junkyard FoMoCo fans, aftermarket kits, you name it - none come close (if you are a numbers guy our fans pull 6500-CFM at full-blow).

Kits feature a FULL powder-coated aluminum shroud, SPAL OE-rated high-performance 16" electric fans, generous 10-gauge wiring, heavy-duty 30-amp relays, and weatherproof harness. SPAL fans are triple balanced, completely sealed, and have 10,000-hour motor life and 3-year warranty. All wiring is crimped, AND soldered, AND heat-shrinked for maximum reliability. Our elegant design greatly cleans-up any truck underhood, and no other system can match our low-profile design; fan depth is only 1-inch and the depth of the electric motors is only 3.25-inches! If turbo or supercharging is in your truck's future and you need that up-front underhood room to run 4" charge pipe plumbing with room to spare then you need these fans! If you've got a lot of show-work on the front of your engine like custom pulleys or polishing/plating/paint and you want to maximize it's display, you need these fans. The control box mounts unobtrusively in the engine compartment near the fans to minimize wiring and stay out of sight; total fan system weight is under 15-pounds.

But the most important part of the HPM EFan kit is what you don't see - you don't see loose/hanging wires. You don't see improper grounding heard in your stereo when the fans kick on or off. You don't see inadequate wiring. Nor improper fusing. Nor unsightly mounting. I cannot tell you how many scary installs I've seen and chastised guys about, a few times I've looked underhood to see melted components and loose connections... I am not exaggerating the importance of this, some memorable real-life disasters in the making we've recently seen first-hand include a Silverado truck fire (FAL controller went up in flames), a TBSS fire (an unknowledgeable installer wired everything through a single overloaded relay), another vehicle with no EFan fusing (!), a SSS with Picasso-esque melted relay sockets (the owner told us it was done by a highly-regarded audio installer), another SSS with melted/burned in-line fuse holders, and a few owner-modified vehicles trying to power their efans with puny wiring that was showing distressed/melting jacketing at the crimps - there are many EFan wiring sins out there in the real world and at best these systems will leave their owners overheated, at worst on fire.

The HPM EFan harness is developed to maintain less than 3% voltage drop PLUS have the extra capacity to handle over 25% amperage increase which happens during a charging system issue - yes we were sadistic enough to load & operate the HPM Efan harness long-term at over 80-amps (that's enough power to weld the frame of your truck). Reliability and safety is also the reason why the HPM Efan harness is correctly fused, to protect not only your fans but also your vehicle. Our commitment to safety and reliability is also proudly displayed in the soldering/sleeving of each connection as well as using only premium eletrical components - no shortcuts.

If you've got a few hand tools at your disposal and can follow well-photographed instructions then you will have your electric fans installed in 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 hours; experienced mechanics with necessary tools and tuning software can shut the hood in as little as 45-minutes, end-to-end. In addition to the initial install, our weatherproof wiring connectors allow the fans to be quickly removed and reinstalled as fast as you can wrench two bolts (!) making life that much easier for YOU!

Pics:

The HPM Silverado EFan Kit, installed:

01blkfans.jpg

The HPM Silverado EFan Kit - you get everything pictured here:

02blkfans.jpg

Link to the Efan Installation Manual:

Efan_Installation_Manual.pdf

A high-output alternator upgrade is suggested for trucks with any efan kit as these draw 35-amps at high speed; the stock Delco 105-amp alternator will get you by but barely! If you already have a taxed electrical system then this extra electrical load might be more than your alternator can supply and the fans will be drawing off your battery when they kick into high speed. The 140-amp Delco alternator is made with several different styles of electrical connectors, make sure you get one that is correct for your truck - for GM trucks 2004 and older you want the 145-amp Delco alternator and accessory belt off of a 2003-2004 Z71 Tahoe. You can never have too much alternator!

Any more PRODUCT or technical questions please post here, so that I can answer for everyone. If you have purchasing questions shoot me a PM. And our thanks to Josh and Merv in welcoming us as SilveradoSS.com supporting vendors. :chevy:

Steve Poythress (Mr. P.) :)

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

ss have the 34 rite??

Yes the SSS have the heavy-duty cooling package (34" radiator).

Mr. P.

Steve, I had messaged you earlier last month reguarding this wiring harness. I already have a complete GM 2005-up E-Fan assembly "built" with new GM parts, will this harness plug right in?

Thanks in advance,

Jon in TX. :fingersx:

The harness does not plug right in - you have to crimp/solder the harness to the leads from the fan shroud assembly, everything is included to do so. As you are only a couple hours away I might be able to make time to drive up and use your truck as a guinnea pig to document exactly how to do this for others to follow.

Mr. P.

Edited by Mr. P. (see edit history)

ooh, it's gonna be close. I'm trying to sell some of my coins and stuff on ebay. I would like in,but can only afford it if my stuff sells. I'll definitely be in touch. If I can't, I guess I'll just have to wait for the next group purchase. Or will you guys be selling these all the time?

ooh, it's gonna be close. I'm trying to sell some of my coins and stuff on ebay. I would like in,but can only afford it if my stuff sells. I'll definitely be in touch. If I can't, I guess I'll just have to wait for the next group purchase. Or will you guys be selling these all the time?

Dan (sprayed99) and I have legitimized our business arrangement (HPM) and yes the HPM Efan Kits will be a regularly stocked item. Keep us in the loop on your financial situation and we'll be very happy to work with you.

Mr. P. :)

My truck has the smaller(I think 28") radiator. What do I ask for when buying a 34" one? 03+ Tahoe, 05+ Silverado? Also, should I get one without the tranny cooler in it since I have an aftermarket tranny cooler?

I also want to upgrade the alternator so do you have the part number for this too?

I will Paypal you this week for the e-fan.

My truck has the smaller(I think 28") radiator. What do I ask for when buying a 34" one? 03+ Tahoe, 05+ Silverado? Also, should I get one without the tranny cooler in it since I have an aftermarket tranny cooler?

I also want to upgrade the alternator so do you have the part number for this too?

I will Paypal you this week for the e-fan.

To my knowledge there are only 2 radiators for the late-model GM trucks, the 28" (standard) and 34" (heavy duty); applications for the HD are the Silverado SS, Silverado 6.0L with towing package, Suburban, Escalade, etc. If you have an external ATF cooler of suffient capacity (like TCMax) then no you don't need the in-tank ATF cooler - plus you are in SoCal so you don't need the in-tank ATF cooler to bring the ATF up to temp either.

No I do not have a PN for the Delco 244 alternator, nor belt. I know they came on the police issue Tahoes, Suburbans & Escalades with rear-seat entertainment, etc. I bought an aftermarket 200A alternator for my truck. Suggestion is to look on eBay for the Delco 244 alternator for your year of truck. If you are still unable to run down a lead on this PM me and I'll start making some calls.

- Mr. P.

people just need to go ahead and buy these fans! they are truly amazing and when on high it sounds like a small jet lol.

no but i have had dozens of guys compliment me on just the looks alone. so BUY a set you won't be let down

Glad you are enjoying your efan kit - to me the closest thing they sound like is a tornado warning siren, I am thinking of naming the product 'Tempest' after the famous brand of weather siren we have here in Plano.

Mr. P. :)