Blown Built Trans?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me be the first to respond to what you've posted. First of all people like Danny and I can be great pieces of info. To say there is not going to be a disagreement in parts used would be rediculous. At work for example we sent an FLT level V out to RPM for freshening because FLT was 5 weeks out minimum to get it back to us. They made some changes as well as freshened it up. The trans held up to many, many miles of street and track pounding up to as high as 943RWHP on boost setting 3 and a 100 shot. It was only freshend because the torque converter clutch finally gave up. Both companies build good stuff that has run the number time and time again to show how good their product is. The difference in the two so far, the RPM build shifts harder... Danny is very smart and will only improve every day as I have, TJ has, Kurt Urban, etc. The smart one's always improve. The guys doing the same stuff year after year have only picked up on one thing and stick with it because it's all they know and all they'll ever know. You want to know if you should believe your tuner, ask via pm every tuner you can find about your finger pointer tuner and see what they say

Thanks for the praises. :thumbs: I am the Automatic builder @ RPM. You are right. I am always truing to refine and improve the design we have come up with. Ya have to in order to continue to provide quality items. I remember that trans build by FLT. They build good stuff. :cheers: Everybody has their own little tricks that work in the 4L60's! :chevy:

Thanks for the praises. :thumbs: I am the Automatic builder @ RPM. You are right. I am always truing to refine and improve the design we have come up with. Ya have to in order to continue to provide quality items. I remember that trans build by FLT. They build good stuff. :cheers: Everybody has their own little tricks that work in the 4L60's! :chevy:

Very cool. We're going to be really testing out the latest one we got from you guys soon. The truck is almost running. It is an SSR with a 408, TVS2300, and a decent shot of spray. If we can get it to hook we'll spray it right off the line.