New Badges!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

atleast its not a chevy 55..lol

SS Equinox..I think they really made those..I saw one at the dallas auto show about 2 years ago

This was a regular ls equinox with ss badges. Chevy doe make an Equinox Sport which has front air ducts similar to the TBSS with a 264hp engine but its not an SS

Good Job! I got a little static when I had them on my truck but no biggie. I had the cladding and badges but no go for the show. One said that if I raced someone and was beaten badly it would give the ss a bad name. Personally I would do the 6.0 next and the ISS wing later on as funds permit as I know how expensive it is to buy the cladding and install it on the truck not to mention the engine swap. There is a great deal of work that goes into these trucks and the single cab is more so because of the cab corners and the rockers that have to be modified to make them work. And there is one thing you can always say is that I built that truck and you will appreciate it more than if you would have bought it already built. IMO this is the way GM should have built the SS or atleast offered it as an option. Looks like just a couple more pieces and the cladding is complete, when are you gonna finish the install? :pimp:

:thumbs:

atleast its not a chevy 55..lol

SS Equinox..I think they really made those..I saw one at the dallas auto show about 2 years ago

:withstupid:

55 :crackup:

i think chevy may have gone a bit overboard with the SS name. for a second i thought i was going to see an Aveo SS.

Edited by WODY™ (see edit history)

Looks good. I get frustrated when i see SS badges on non SS's but most of those are not even close to an SS. Here in Tucson i see a million 99-02 body style chevys running around with SS badges and I want to take some floss and rip them off. I even see GMC's and Tahoe's and suburbans with them on. I saw an equinox the other day with SS badges. :banghead:

But you truck on the other hand has the SS bumpers, Grill and all the cladding and IMO it is perfectly fine to have those badges on, its more like the SS chevrolet should have made. Now all you need is a 6.0 swap and you will be set :D

they make a equinox SS

:thumbs:

55 :crackup:

i think chevy may have gone a bit overboard with the SS name. for a second i thought i was going to see an Aveo SS.

Laugh, I've seen an Aveo with SS badges LOL! It was too damn funny!

they make a equinox SS

Equinox Sport

Looks good. Making it like you want it is all that matters. I agree that what you are in the process of building is what Chevy should have done with the truck in the first place. I love my SS extended cab, but the regular cab/short bed is the ideal platform for a performance truck.

Looks good. I get frustrated when i see SS badges on non SS's but most of those are not even close to an SS. Here in Tucson i see a million 99-02 body style chevys running around with SS badges and I want to take some floss and rip them off. I even see GMC's and Tahoe's and suburbans with them on. I saw an equinox the other day with SS badges. :banghead:

But you truck on the other hand has the SS bumpers, Grill and all the cladding and IMO it is perfectly fine to have those badges on, its more like the SS chevrolet should have made. Now all you need is a 6.0 swap and you will be set :D

me and him can get along real good..

me owning nothing but SS's it kinda piss me off seeing people putting ss's on non ss's but i know people do it ALOT and i learned to not have a problem with that but when someone ask if its a REAL ss and thay say YES thats when i start having problems..

ALOT of caprice people put CAPRICE SS *this is not ss caprice*but ok thats there style but when thay put impala ss i get kinda mad.

with the SSS no lie i dont know too much about but i know i wanted one and thats what i got. but on this website when it ask *OWNS* people that have REAL SS's put SS or TBSS or VHO for the GMC and if you dont own ether you put FAN right? why do people with non ss's still put SSS?

i know the clone people are going to be mad at me but its just questions and the people that know thay have non Sss and put fan i have ALOT of respect for yall.

niceeee i think ur a reasonable guy for saying it like that!^^^^^^

and if you check my profile out.....i put FAN!!!!!!!!!! im not telling people i got a real ss. the first night with my front bumper a guy came up to me at a parking lot and asked if it was a real ss....i sed no im building a custom clone of an ss and thats what i tell everyone....after college maybe ill get a black real ss to go along with this truck as my dd but for now i just want a different truck...i only put badges on it kus i thought hard and realised im putting nuthing but OEM stuff on my truck...down to the tire size! lol so i figured i might as well it looks sick and its oem...

niceeee i think ur a reasonable guy for saying it like that!^^^^^^

and if you check my profile out.....i put FAN!!!!!!!!!! im not telling people i got a real ss. the first night with my front bumper a guy came up to me at a parking lot and asked if it was a real ss....i sed no im building a custom clone of an ss and thats what i tell everyone....after college maybe ill get a black real ss to go along with this truck as my dd but for now i just want a different truck...i only put badges on it kus i thought hard and realised im putting nuthing but OEM stuff on my truck...down to the tire size! lol so i figured i might as well it looks sick and its oem...

bro you got full respect from me bro

keep up the good work