tune

231/234 on a 111 cam

headers

intake

tb stall

150 shot

best time 12.40 @ 107

we raced from a dig and by 110 i had 4 or more trucks on him

fun race i never sprayed out of the hole on the street i spun the slicks a little bit but it pulled good

Edited by black04silverado (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
my truck

04 silverado extended cab 5.3

tune

231/234 on a 111 cam

headers

intake

tb stall

best time 12.40 @ 107

i never sprayed out of the hole on the street i spun the slicks a little bit but it pulled good

I didn't see spray listed in your mods, did i misunderstand? How much juice are you using? 2 wheel drive or 4x4? And whatever mods you have, GREAT time! Thats a mean cam i'd like to go about that duration next, and the lsa is just what i was thinking as well.

Brad

Edited by shadowsniper3006 (see edit history)

how do u like that 4k stall?

I've got a "beware" for ya, I hope other guys agree here....

Someone can buy a "4000 rpm stall" and install it, and another guy can get a "4000 rpm stall" and install it, and the two guys might have TOTALLY different opinions...

Some stalls are tight, some stalls are loose, some react well with one drivtrain while the exact same converter could go into a different truck with a different drivetrain and give different results... from MY experiences anyways....

If you take an opinion on a certain stall, make sure you apply that opinion to that EXACT converter only, same company and specs etc....

I've got a "beware" for ya, I hope other guys agree here....

Someone can buy a "4000 rpm stall" and install it, and another guy can get a "4000 rpm stall" and install it, and the two guys might have TOTALLY different opinions...

Some stalls are tight, some stalls are loose, some react well with one drivtrain while the exact same converter could go into a different truck with a different drivetrain and give different results... from MY experiences anyways....

If you take an opinion on a certain stall, make sure you apply that opinion to that EXACT converter only, same company and specs etc....

Your completely right man i was just about to put that on here LOL!!

I really like the stall to tell you the truth. I used to have a yankTT3000 and even though it was a great all around converter, my 60ft times didn't change as i got used to it it kinda just felt like a stock converter.

The converter i have now is a Circle D 9.5" 4C single disc 4000 stall to be exact.

I took some video's of normal driving

Here is light throttle

th_4-17-09004.jpg

And here is goosing it a little bit

th_4-17-09008.jpg

It is a pretty loose converter no lie. A good deal looser than my yank but I got used to it over time and love it now (like said above other people might disagree). The only part that sucks is that you have to give a little gas in reverse lol. Chris at Circle D does not recommend WOT lock-up for his single disc converter. If it was a triple disc it wouldn't be a problem but i didn't feel like paying another 300 bux lol.

Now for the fun stuff. I can brake stall this converter to 3200 rpms and the shift extensions are awesome!!

Here is my current speedo clip. Im shifting at 6650 rpms and each gear shift the rpms only drop to 5k to 5100 rpms.

th_6-28-09091.jpg

I hope this helps LOL!!

I didn't see spray listed in your mods, did i misunderstand? How much juice are you using? 2 wheel drive or 4x4? And whatever mods you have, GREAT time! Thats a mean cam i'd like to go about that duration next, and the lsa is just what i was thinking as well.

Brad

i guess i forgot to put a 150 shot lol but it runs alright i love the chop

it needs a stall really bad

its a good cam some say its to big but for me its good and gets me a 12.40 with stock injectors stock heads and a super small stall so it should be a 11 sec truck with better injectors better flowing heads and a bigger stall

Your completely right man i was just about to put that on here LOL!!

I really like the stall to tell you the truth. I used to have a yankTT3000 and even though it was a great all around converter, my 60ft times didn't change as i got used to it it kinda just felt like a stock converter.

The converter i have now is a Circle D 9.5" 4C single disc 4000 stall to be exact.

I took some video's of normal driving

Here is light throttle

th_4-17-09004.jpg

And here is goosing it a little bit

th_4-17-09008.jpg

It is a pretty loose converter no lie. A good deal looser than my yank but I got used to it over time and love it now (like said above other people might disagree). The only part that sucks is that you have to give a little gas in reverse lol. Chris at Circle D does not recommend WOT lock-up for his single disc converter. If it was a triple disc it wouldn't be a problem but i didn't feel like paying another 300 bux lol.

Now for the fun stuff. I can brake stall this converter to 3200 rpms and the shift extensions are awesome!!

Here is my current speedo clip. Im shifting at 6650 rpms and each gear shift the rpms only drop to 5k to 5100 rpms.

th_6-28-09091.jpg

I hope this helps LOL!!

it helps alot man thanks your truck runs good and it doesnt seem to bad normal driving and i love the shift extensions, 6400 is where my cam makes max power so staying up there would help me alot

if you dont mind me asking what did that stall run you?