Fluttering Sound From The Exhaust At Part Throttle

RacerJJ

Any ideas? I never really have my truck at part throttle but I was putting around the house to break-in the new front diff and I heard it. Do I have a leak or is something wrong. The truck felt kind of sluggish too.

57 views and only two responses? What happened to this site? I remember the old days when someone would post something like this and get a bunch of quick responses. Nowadays, nothing! Has everyone lost their enthusiasm or is this site just starting to die? :nonod:

I suggest checking all welds/clamps on the exhaust. I also suggest checking the header gaskets. The fluttering I think you mean sounds like one bank might have less back pressure than the other. Does the truck cavitate or vibrate at part throttle? What happens at WOT? Does it go away? If the scans are showing everything is ok, I would say it is exhaust related also.

57 views and only two responses? What happened to this site? I remember the old days when someone would post something like this and get a bunch of quick responses. Nowadays, nothing! Has everyone lost their enthusiasm or is this site just starting to die? :nonod:

John, :chillpill: . Your topic hasn't even been up for 24 hours yet, give people a chance to respond. Maybe the more knowledgable folks around here weren't signed on last night...........

I would check for intake/exhaust leaks as already stated, but unless you have a CEL or some other noticable running problem, I wouldn't worry about it. Have you tried cleaning the TB, and have you checked your plug wires?

Edited by Fireman31 (see edit history)

John, :chillpill: . Your topic hasn't even been up for 24 hours yet, give people a chance to respond. Maybe the more knowledgable folks around here weren't signed on last night...........

I would check for intake/exhaust leaks as already stated, but unless you have a CEL or some other noticable running problem, I wouldn't worry about it. Have you tried cleaning the TB, and have you checked your plug wires?

I'm cool, just frustrated with this site lately. When I had my clunking issue, I had several posts up for days at a time with thousands of views and nothing. Maybe no one knew anything but it just seems to me that the technical nature of this site is slowly going away which saddens me a bit.