Help,headers Bolts

angels05ss

Hey guys,I just got my lts from arh (finally!)and I need some recommendations on what brand of header bolts should I use with them.any suggestions will be appreciated.one more thing,arh told me there's no need for having them ceramic coated due to the fact they are stainless and that's only if I'm pushing big hp..what do yall think??

I heard that the stock manifold bolts that you will take out of your stock manifolds are the best...of course be sure to use some anti-seize. also, stainless steel are fine im sure, i opted for the ceramic coated as they disappate the heat better. just my .02

be sure to get some different gaskets as well. i heard the stock will work fine, but you need to buy new ones.

For what the ARH headers cost, they should give you the gaskets and hardware IMO. Anywho, you can re-use the old manifold bolts, but do get new gaskets. Stock style OE 3 part metal shim gaskets are the best ones to get.

In terms of ceramic coating, there are a few reasons why it is a good idea. For one, if your truck is a daily driver and sees winter road salt, uncoated stainless headers can pit. Once headers break in and go through a few heat cycles, they tend to blue which can take away from the look, coating masks this. Coating them also helps reduce under hood temps, and helps prevent heat "bleed off" which uncoated stainless tends to do. A coated header means hotter exhaust gases, and better flow which can lead to more power......

i said the same thing about the header bolts being supplied but i guess not,i did forget to mention gaskets were included.i dont drive the truck at all maybe twice a month,either way im gonna send them (jet-hot)to get coated just to be on the safe side ...thx for the opinions guys! :thumbs:

i said the same thing about the header bolts being supplied but i guess not,i did forget to mention gaskets were included.i dont drive the truck at all maybe twice a month,either way im gonna send them (jet-hot)to get coated just to be on the safe side ...thx for the opinions guys! :thumbs:

When I talked to them they explained why they don't use ceramic coating on their headers except in high HP or Turbo applications. They actually tested all this and don't use Jet-Hot even on the ones they coat...if you feel better doing it then it's your money but I wouldn't waste my time.