1993 Cobra Vs 2004 Awd Ss

Stinger99

I agree. I looked at a Srt-10 Ram while I owned the Sss, and could not understand the huge price difference (maybe because it had less production #'s). Regardless both are mint trucks, I just happen to like AWD.

McMahan

I'm totally stomped on this one, As far as chevys they are nice and great cars, But you guys are gonna laugh, I never like the way the camaro sounded. I always hated the Ypipe it felt fake to me in a muscle car.

Im not knocking camaros, I love all things with power.

CrAzYMoPaRGuY:

Thanks

LOL

Jond983

Decent shifter, That reminds me, i have to take the short throw outta my 92, the one in the snake is way to long.

As far as knowing how to drive, I had a 99 cobra.

I raced a few ls1's, I won 2 lost 1. I also raced a 2001 vette. (only lost by 2 cars) my cobra had 4.56 gears and exhaust and dynoed 299hp-300tq.

These SS trucks are beautifull, IMO OVERPRICED for a truck.

I will post the results as soon as this happens.

it gonna be close as hell. i loved my 93 cobra it was awsome. i wish i would have kept it to be honest lol. i agree on the y pipe they should have true dualed them. i didnt mean to sound so A$$holish before bro sorry. thats not my intent. i think just from my exsperiences he will get ya by a little not much to bragg about. post up what happens. good luck, be safe too

McMahan

You did not sound like one at all dude.

I'm not goona take the spot, I want a fair race. (Run What You Brung)

If you need a spot you should not be there......

you guys are a cool bunch of guys, I'm glad i joined this place.

You guys are giving honest opinions.

I cant lie, those silver ss's are nice.

Edited by Stinger99 (see edit history)

McMahan

You did not sound like one at all dude.

I'm not goona take the spot, I want a fair race. (Run What You Brung)

If you need a spot you should not be there......

you guys are a cool bunch of guys, I'm glad i joined this place.

You guys are giving honest opinions.

I cant lie, those silver ss's are nice.

its hard to interpritate what ppl mean sometime on here. i like face to face conversations my self. thats why i told ya i didnt mean anything wrong by that at all. i hope you dont think bad of me lol. im with you run what ya brung. its all out of fun

I dunno, I always thought the early Cobras ran better than that :confused:

Stinger - the 'over-the-counter' tunes don't help all that much, don't let your friend in the SSS cow you, his truck might be another 15-hp stronger at best. Remember the truck is still almost twice the weight of the Cobra and with the factory converter will not leave the line all that well. The issue as I see it is that the AWD trucks are dead-on consistent, they will run the exact same performance & 1/4-m time each run, I've been at the 1/8-m track in Denton (TX) and ran the same time to the hundredth 3-times in a row, so the 'variable' here will be your driving skill. Concentrate on getting a solid launch, it doesn't have to be a 'hard' launch but you do need to get out of the hole without blowing the tires off, and after that don't miss a shift and you'll have him IMO. If it were me in the truck, I would have offered you a 1/8th-mile street race from a 15-mph roll; when the truck kicks-down on the factory converter at that speed it can flash the converter a little and lauch pretty well, and the race would not be long enough to let you use your legs and overtake the truck. This is all stock-for-stock.

Welcome to the forum :thumbs:

Mr. P. :)

Mr.P

Thanks.

I offered to go from a roll, he always changes the subject and wont even answer me.

he is to cocky because he only races light to light and says he never lost to a ford.

This is the bet we have.

he a the guy pissing on ford sticker on the back of his truck since new, I win, I get to take off the sticker, he wins i put a chevy sticker on my wondow....lol

You have a few factors to think about on your car in this race. If that's the factory clutch how strong is it? Slipping? Hows the compression? Clean injectors? Old clogged up cats? IMO you'll be lucky to squeek out a 15 flat until you do a few things to freshen that motor up. Most of us SSS guys are not haters and we know what limits these trucks have. Most REAL enthusiasts of any brand also respect other entusiasts of any brand. I happen to be a chevy man but I drool every time I see a picture of a 2000 Cobra R...

ss454327

I would like to think I am a enthusiast.

I enjoy almost all sports cars, I look at it this way.

If there was no ford, there would be no chevy and vise versa.

I love corvettes, camaros, and the new challangers.

The cats should be gone soon, so that aint a problem. The clutch aint slipping. Injectors....probly?

Edited by Stinger99 (see edit history)

ss454327

I would like to think I am a enthusiast.

I enjoy almost all sports cars, I look at it this way.

If there was no ford, there would be no chevy and vise versa.

I love corvettes, camaros, and the new challangers.

Well get that snake ready to run and see what that SSS looks like in the rear view! I'll warn you though...with a tune, CAI, a shift kit/servos and a drop in POS flowmaster I pulled a 14.30 out of mine and the tune was very mild and I was getting up to 8* of KR at the 1/2 shift. I have no doubt with my current tune and all the bugs worked out she'll be close to a 14 flat in good air. Once I get my headers, stall and full exhaust I should see high 13's consistently.

i def think it will be close. i have a mail order tune, exhaust and intake, and my best run was 14.3 so it all depends on your shifting i would say. if you spin to much your done. if you can get it to hook you might get him. at the track i am more afraid of lining up with a diesel than a mustang lol

Thanks for all your comments guys, we were going to the track this past wednesday, but is got canceled, as we were both buzy.

Since i have time now, and getting some parts cheap. I will be intalling the h-pipe, headers and most likely the "10 minute tune.

For a chevy forum, you guys are a COOL BUNCH! I never would have thought i would get so many honest answers here, But i did....Thanks guys.

As soon as this thing happens hopfully at the track, I will be sure to post up some vids of the race. And me putting a chevy sticker on my car, or the guy pissing on the chevy symbol on his window.

Should be a blast either way...

As soon as this thing happens hopfully at the track, I will be sure to post up some vids of the race. And me putting a chevy sticker on my car, or the guy pissing on the chevy symbol on his window.

Should be a blast either way...

No matter who wins you got to have a time frame set up for how long you have to keep the stickers on. No chevy man can stand to driver around forever with a sticker like that!