LS1 Fans

I have a set of LS1 fans that never made it onto my Z71 (I got them over the winter, and had planned to make a few runs at the track before I put them on the truck)... since it looks like I am going to be purchasing an SS in the next week or 2, I guess I'll have to start plans on putting these fans on it instead!

Onto my question, what is the best way to put these on... does anyone have a good write up on the process?

I had a few ideas I started working on a few months ago, but I didn't get too far into it because I knew my plans would change when it got closer to time to put them on... I am going to use the Flex-a-lite Variable spped controller to run the fans, I purchased it when it was on sale at one of the vendors.

I have a set of LS1 fans that never made it onto my Z71 (I got them over the winter, and had planned to make a few runs at the track before I put them on the truck)... since it looks like I am going to be purchasing an SS in the next week or 2, I guess I'll have to start plans on putting these fans on it instead!

Onto my question, what is the best way to put these on... does anyone have a good write up on the process?

I had a few ideas I started working on a few months ago, but I didn't get too far into it because I knew my plans would change when it got closer to time to put them on... I am going to use the Flex-a-lite Variable spped controller to run the fans, I purchased it when it was on sale at one of the vendors.

yeah i put them on my truck.. the best way to do it is use the two holes at the top of the radiator and have that hold them up and then use some zip tie like things that go through the radiator to secure em. I will do a right up as soon as i rewire mine. I got rushed and did it before i auto crossed and it loos like crap... but they work exelent. :thumbs:

I keep reading about many people using electric fans. Just out of curiosity what are the benifits of electric over stock viscous drive? Anybody do any horsepower gain test?

dancar

I keep reading about many people using electric fans. Just out of curiosity what are the benifits of electric over stock viscous drive? Anybody do any horsepower gain test?

dancar

well, the benifits are like 10+ HP and a great deal of room, as well as some controll over cooling and better gas milage.. :thumbs:

Archived