Pics Of Power Wire

Does anyone have some quick pics of where they ran their power wire? I have searched on here and also on google images, but only a pic or two. What is the most popular spot for the power wire. Prolly 4-8GA. thanks.

I ran mine under my truck by the brake lines inside the frame rails, and came in through one of the vents between the cab and the bed. I was running 0 gauge wire though (so I couldn't run it under the carpet), But there is a nice easy straight path all the way back there.

I just wanna know how and where to run it, because it's gonna be a long day anyways pulling the seat to mount the amp on the back wall and running all the wires. I want a clean install, so everything will be hidden. I want to make it as easy as possible and have more info than downed beers. lol.

I ran mine under my truck by the brake lines inside the frame rails, and came in through one of the vents between the cab and the bed. I was running 0 gauge wire though (so I couldn't run it under the carpet), But there is a nice easy straight path all the way back there.

GM provides a nice plastic channel to run the wire in. done it HUNDREDS of times! and yes 0 gauge! as for drilling a hole. i dont have pics, but there is plenty of room to the drivers side of the brake booster. good luck!

I saw a silverado at work today, and I think that I am gonna run it through the fuse box grommet. It is kind of thick, but it should be fine. I saw that install where the wire runs underneath the truck, but I didn't want to run it underneath with the crappy roads and salt here in ohio. Thanks guys.

-Where is that plastic channel you mentioned fast4popper?

Edited by cbrsilv15 (see edit history)

I saw a silverado at work today, and I think that I am gonna run it through the fuse box grommet. It is kind of thick, but it should be fine. I saw that install where the wire runs underneath the truck, but I didn't want to run it underneath with the crappy roads and salt here in ohio. Thanks guys.

-Where is that plastic channel you mentioned fast4popper?

right under the drivers side sill plate. as for going thru that grommet, its double thick. one on the inside and one on the outside, cut slowly with a sharp knife. and make sure there isnt wire behind it. seen it done many times where an installer will chafe some wires not knowing what is behind where they are cutting

GM provides a nice plastic channel to run the wire in. done it HUNDREDS of times! and yes 0 gauge! as for drilling a hole. i dont have pics, but there is plenty of room to the drivers side of the brake booster. good luck!

lol, I thought I was the first one to think of that! :cheers: