Killed A Grand National

Joe Roknic

Went over by Brad (shadowsniper) today to shoot the breeze and take care of a little buisness. Went for a drive.....I gotta tell ya..that truck launches hard lol. Anyway he pulls over and let's me drive :D We see a Grand National, pull up next to him, talk to him a little( pretty cool guy) and brad asked him if he wanted to go...he nooded....was a pretty short race becuase of traffic..but we beat him. That is the fastest I have ever gone in a 5000 pound truck....thank's for letting me drive.....race your truck it was a blast.

Edited by SS Muscle Truck (see edit history)

Cool stuff!

:thumbs:

I think everybody and their brother mistook one of my cars for a Grand National. We went to buy a 1960 Cadillac and the owner HAD a Grand National, he asked me what year MY Grand National was.

LOL

It was a Cordoba LS...

I like the Grand Nationals, and the GNX. Nice cars.

Good kill, I see in your sig it's an impressive truck, you musta stunned the guy!

he was real cool. We pulled up to him and i ask if it was a grand national and he smilled at me like..yeah, you noticed huh. After we raced the first time he pulled up and said, you got little cam in that thing, i smilled and said yeah. Joe was smilling from ear to ear. It was the best race in my truck yet, and what a cool guy to race, and i'm glad i got to witness it.

Joe i'm glad you got to see what a 4000 stall feels like, now i hope you know there is nothing to fear with high stalls. We'll work on your truck now, and start to achieve your goals.

Joe i'm glad you got to see what a 4000 stall feels like, now i hope you know there is nothing to fear with high stalls. We'll work on your truck now, and start to achieve your goals.

Thank's man, had a good time....looking forward to the next time

I think everybody and their brother mistook one of my cars for a Grand National. We went to buy a 1960 Cadillac and the owner HAD a Grand National, he asked me what year MY Grand National was.

LOL

It was a Cordoba LS...

really, a GN owner thought that was a GN? What a tool, lol

81cordoba1.jpg

1986_Buick_Grand_National_GNX2.jpg

HIS Grand National was at the top of his driveway, MY Cordoba LS was at the end of his driveway, and he couldn't believe it WASN'T a Grand National!

hahaha

I've actually got 5 unmade Grand National car models that people have gave me as presents over the years I owned that Cordoba too. LOL Some people's eyesight....

1986_Buick_Grand_National_GNX2.jpg

Dooblerhood360.JPG

1354039.jpg

dooblertram440.jpg

Edited by CrAzYMoPaRGuY (see edit history)

My cousin just bought an '86 GN with 50k on the clock for $6k and slapped a T-61 ball bearing turbo in it. The intercooler is choked up with oil from the original turbo going out so it's not running right. He should have his new intercooler installed ASAP and we'll see how a GN will run with 20+psi...I doubt the stock bottom end or transmission will hold up very long but he's already budgeting for a full transmission.